Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

A NICE CUP OF LIBER-TEA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Slamming an EAT into a Charger's face and having it actually die is a welcome change to the game. Those bastards were the scariest thing in the game for me and my group before this patch.

Does anyone else on PC have the Friend Requests category just straight up missing? I don't know if it's ever worked but I simply don't have it there after confirming a request has been sent to me.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Huh, just had to fail a campaign because we did the first mission and then... there were no more missions? Just no more mission icons in the campaign area. That's interesting.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Overlord K posted:

So now that it's been out for a day, what are people bringing to the termicide missions?

Since we can damage the things with our own turrets I'm not sure which ones are actually worth bringing yet other than mines and teslas.

Mines, Tesla towers and gas strikes. The gas doesn't seem to hurt the Termicide™ towers too badly.

EDIT: Are there any PoI's in the Termicide™ missions besides Hellbombs?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

ChaseSP posted:

Simply means other posters are more equal citizens than you are.

I'm a Priority-B citizen but I'm trying. :silent:

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Quill posted:

Where do I find the chargers for the daily challenge?

Difficulty 4 and up.

Section Z posted:

Me and another guy bringing gas to the mission with this idea was a resounding "Wow, gas is useless?" when we started dropping them on spots prone to spam breaches on that exact location over and over. (maybe it popped the smallest baby bugs, but when mowing through dozens of mediums plus chargers praying you don't shoot the silo, who could even notice)

Understand that I've played exactly one round at Diff 6 so all my experience is lower than that but the gas definitely kills Warriors and anything smaller. I can imagine it'd look pretty useless against the bigger stuff.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

imagine, if you will, a napalm guard dog

Sure, I love instantly dying in a fire after equipping something.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Sioux posted:

Anyone found those deep tunnel openings that look like bug exits? You come across them randomly on the map, but they aren't an objective, they look like general scenery. When you toss a nade down, you hear a couple of explosions and the light goes out. It's my untested and unverified theory that if you nade them, the heat for the rest of the mission goes down a lot.

One of my regular divers loves falling down those things so his gear and samples are completely unrecoverable. I'll ask him next time if he saw anything cool at the bottom.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Sindai posted:

Honestly it's extremely to the dev's credit that none of the premium weapons have been clearly superior to the free ones.

It really is. The Liberator is a Top... 3? 4? primary weapon and it's the one you start with.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Seedge posted:

Did we setup the TCS yet?

No, Erata is real hot, in a few senses of the word.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Lumpy posted:

Gave the Tesla tower some reps last night and I think I'm a big fan. It's like a big glowy minefield of love. And by love, I mean death to the enemies of DEMOCRACY. Obviously situational, but for tower defense and extraction it's the bee's knees.

They're especially good if you can plant them on a rock above a path bugs want to take. If the tower doesn't get rammed by a Charger or ganged up on by Brood Commander heavies, it'll last longer than the cooldown for a new one.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Since we're giving out tips, here's one; Tap E while carrying artillery shells so you're constantly dropping/picking them up as you take them to the gun. You'll move way faster.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Once you unlock 100% of the Stratagems, what is Requisition used for?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Cool, that's what I thought.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Molrok posted:

For future fights: personally I hope we get some one-on-one Democracy time with the "D" fellow who keeps looting the buried ammo + weapon caches and leaving oatmeal behind.

Heh, my regular squad has begun calling these 'Oatmeal' when we find them empty like this. 'I got a P.o.I over here... drat, it's just oatmeal.'

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

I’m tempted to try the EAT with everyone talking it up is it that much better than the recoilless rifle?

The EAT is a good alternative to the RR because it doesn't take up a backpack slot and you can call 2 tubes down every 70 seconds with ship module upgrades. Equip a Guard Dog or Supply Pack and still blast fools with the EAT. Hell, carry an ammo backpack for your RR or AC toting buddy if you feel like it.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

Everyone even ended up extracting, but the supersamples didn't seem to spawn at the dickrock :argh:

I'm sorry, the what?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Hell, the Slugger is nice just for opening crates and saving a grenade/heavy weapon round.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

I've unlocked both premium warbonds and am sitting on 995 supercredits. Are people actually buying SCs with real money? Why?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

GruntyThrst posted:

So what's the benefits of the stun grenades? Because giving up being able to kill spawners and especially my favorite thing, one shotting armored bile spewers with impact grenades is a big ask.

They're near instantly deployed EMS bubbles so when you're running from 5 bile spewers you can buy yourself some breathing room or freeze them in place for a strategem to hit them.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Section Z posted:

I have lost track of the amount of time where sprinting at a short ledge refuses to climb it until I use the manual climb button. All the awkward supply pod climbing in the world is never as annoying as that to me.

6 foot equipment pod? I'M ON IT. Two foot tall rock? Impassable obstacle, insanity to even try.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

causticBeet posted:

Are they new to gaming? I’m a bit ahead of my friends in progression but everyone basically immediately understood and picked up on it the first time I said “hey let’s start rotating out of here we’re just burning time and won’t kill them all.”

I've had to quip to my friends 'Surely they'll stop coming if we kill enough of them!' while trying to disengage and they, thankfully, picked up on the sarcasm.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

jokes posted:

I feel like I've had a number of extractions where just zero enemies spawned. I'm not complaining, but.

That tends to happen with the Localization Confusion booster.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Any tips for level 6 difficulty? I’m running light stealth armor, the punisher, the smg sidearm plus usually a turret strat, orbital laser, EAT, and the laser dog. I just get swarmed and killed constantly and there doesn’t seem to be anything I can do. Definitely will never be able to play 7 at this rate for the super materials…I just want to upgrade my sentries!

I'd swap out the turret for an orbital that can handle swarms. Turrets get dogpiled and destroyed at 6+

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

Really? I could swear my rocket turrets have had more staying power than that, even before buying the ammo upgrade.

I thought it was around 12. Not enough without ship modules whatever it is, that's for sure.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Friendship with EAT ended, best friends with Flamethrower now.

Flamethrower vs Chargers is just great but they're both wonderful, really. I was diving with a couple buddies with Scythe/Redeemer/Impact and Flamethrower/Toxic Gas/Airburst/Napalm Strike as maximum crowd control man. Worked well so long as my buddies didn't charge bug breaches that had already been marked for fiery toxic death!

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Give the AMR a 3-6x power scope and I'd likely take it in lieu of binoculars.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Ihmemies posted:

What might cause "0 online 0 in game" friend status in helldivers 2? It worked fine when I bought the game off steam. Then after a week or two it broke and I have no idea why or how to fix it.

Make sure crossplay is enabled, it seems to fix social issues on PC.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Reiley posted:

Did you know you can hold reload to switch the default machinegun to "party mode"?? It's a game changer.

Oh yeah, the Stalwart at 1150RPM is a wonderful thing.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

So here's a new bug feature one of my buddies ran into tonight; the W key doesn't work for stratagems anymore. He can move forward, he can work terminal sequences that feature an Up arrow, but the Up arrow symbol for stratagems isn't triggered by the W key anymore. He even rebound the actual Up arrow key to it and that works! But re-binding it back to W doesn't work. Fun!

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

space uncle posted:

This thread convinced me to use the Stalwart and I really did not like it.

Felt like if I saw a Hive Guard or Brood Commander then I was hosed.

It’s really good against small stuff, but so is the laser dog and I don’t have to aim or reload the laser dog. Running both seems like overkill.

You are, but that's what teammates (or Impact grenades) are for. Always run the Stalwart at 1150 RPM for Maximum Democracy and just kill anything that's a Warrior or smaller.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The bot flare is like the bug belching orange smoke so no. The dropship comes in near enough but not necessarily right on it.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

I posted earlier about a friend having the 'W key no worky for strats' and apparently the issue is Samsung Magician. ... I don't know either.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Video Nasty posted:

Are rare samples only in hard/challenging levels or do they show up in easier missions? I think I might have met my limit on capabilities

Only in 4+.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Hakarne posted:

"I'm going to fight every single bot patrol I see in the field and what even is cover anyways? Also why weren't we able to extract wtf?"
- my all-star pubbies

Seriously, I'd fall back when our position became untenable and they'd inevitably die by getting surrounded out in the open. I reinforced them well away from the 5 dropships worth of reinforcements and they'd both run right back into the mess of bots that weren't even attacking us anymore. They kept doing that until I said gently caress it and just solo'd the main objective so we'd at least get medals.

You don't understand, their stuff was near those bots.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Something I've noticed that made dealing with bots a lot easier is that they are loving slooooooooow. I ran a mission earlier today with the autocannon as my support weapon, and anytime I ran into a big group of them I could fairly easily run some distance away, take cover behind something and have enough time to perform a full reload from zero-ammo before any of them caught up with me - assuming they didn't just give up first. Granted, this is more helpful in the open and not in scenarios where you have to sit on a point and wait while they swarm in to you (like on extract), but I think that mindset's helped me cut down on reinforce charges on bot missions where I'm able to clutch out long enough to clear objectives without biting it by just booking out if things get too spicy or doing hit-and-run to thin the numbers down enough to cut through to whatever I'm trying to blow up.

The AC is great against bots because of their slow speed. The berserkers, especially the jetpack berserkers, are an exception but even the choppy boyz aren't too quick if you can land some staggering shots on them. The only thing that sucks about engaging them at distance is that they're typically too far away to toss stratagems at unless you're servo-assisted.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Reiley posted:

Cannon towers stop causing problems once you start putting Spear reticles on them. You can always see them from kilometers away.

They start causing problems real fast when your game host drops your group 50m from a tank base with two of them. Being down 10 tickets 3 minutes in, we were off to a great start.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The HMG is great if you've ever thought to yourself 'Boy, I am carrying way too many bullets!' and you want to get rid of them extremely quickly.

1200 RPM is just funny.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

How does one go about doing this, legit businessman? I didn't realise it was possible to force a seed when selecting a mission

You can't force a seed but if you Alt+F4 out of a mission the seed for that mission is preserved. So when you find a good one, get the creds and medals and then quit out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

thebardyspoon posted:

How's the quasar cannon? One of my friends is higher level than me, bought it, tried it in one bot mission and immediately declared it trash but it was too hectic for me to pick it up and give it a go, he does tend to be one of those players who dismisses things very quickly though so I suspect it is better than he made out.

As a diehard EAT fan, I like the Quasar. Yes, it has some spin up time that prevents you from taking those 'OH poo poo' shots like you can with an RR or EAT but I appreciate that it's got no ballistic drop and will go through multiple enemies. I got a two-fer by blasting two Striders with one Quasar shot, one behind the other.