Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Something about the running animation of PS5 feels off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Quick play still failing in PS5 after the hotfix.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Mashing quick play seems to work on PS 5

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Minefield is a pro early buy. My machine gun turret always gets stomped over quickly.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Breaker is a huge upgrade. Wish I had an offline app to nerd around with.

Haven't played something like this since Left 4 Dead

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Wait until you can get skins for the mechs and tanks

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I want the dinosaurs with laser beams faction next

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Taking those dropships out with an EAT is so good

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Lots of crashes this evening in PS5

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I promise I'm trying not to TK, people just like to rush objectives while I struggle to put in Kombat Kodes

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Galaga Galaxian posted:

https://twitter.com/_HEALTH_/status/1759608950033379647

HEALTH aside, this is the third unique variant of this self-own I've seen. :allears: Maybe avoid Eagle strikes while at the edge of a cliff?

It's something about where you are on the planet and the angle the ordinance comes in from where the star destroyer is

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Phenotype posted:

I didn't get to play after work because I found a dog outside and it was really cold today so I brought him inside and he was starving but he puked up the kibble I gave him so I made him a softboiled egg which he held down, then I had to watch him and keep him on a leash because he wanted to roam everywhere and get into everything and finally his owners called me back and brought him home and now I just get a black screen when I want to play gaem and its not fair

Is that Wolfie in the background?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The only time I unmute is when my strategem grenade thing bounces back at us

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Had a pubbie squad leader run a full map tagging all the big critters while I'd follow being ACing them. Beautiful democracy.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Grenade launcher has lots of ammo and doesn't require a backpack

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Running EAT as a second heavy is super useful because you just run over and pick it up when you get Bot Drop Detected and down the ships

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Dinosaurs please

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Pubbies sure got bad at this game today

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

This game desperately needs a battlecry button.

its the 'hold down machine gun trigger' button

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Everyone needs to log out of that subreddit, devs included. What a dumpster fire

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Seems there are some mechs that are findable on the planet now

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Turin Turambar posted:

Another curious bug. That's me on the water, the water hurt me until the hp you can see, but somehow I'm not totally dead... except part of the game says I'm dead, because I can spectate the other players with the A/D keys. And other parts of the game believe I'm alive, because I can't respawn.

:/

Same thing happened to me on PS5 yesterday

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Mech Stratagems are now available

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The game is all sorts of hosed up at the moment

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Mech controls really nicely. The walk and pivot is great.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Pop in stalker/hulk gangs has really begun to be a problem

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/s/0Vo6AEkuZ5

The mech riding is surprisingly effective

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

LOS in general is poo poo and if we could use it more the parade of patrol problem would be pretty much solved. Nothing ever gives up aggro.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

A backpack to reload sentries would be nice, TF2 engie style

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Orbital laser is op. Never misses, tracks to the big poo poo, fast cookdown.Toss it behind ya, it murders bugs trying to follow you. Toss it in front of ya and that bug nest is gone. Far more useful than any sentry.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Pubbies can't figure out the new mechanics. Don't bother logging in for a few hours.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

You can lose the street fighter looking tag, thank you!

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Why take an EAT in slot when you can have the mech instead?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Always mark the bile titan before you reinforce. When yer buddy is flying back in they'll see the indicator

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Once you know the new maps a mix of mech and mines can deny a very large portion of each battery. Evac is even easier with 100% high ground.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

New laser gun is good. Just a touch slow if things get close.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Yeah wish the pods had some tracking UI so you can quickly see where your poo poo dropped and where out of bounds/water is

Also, PS5 turned real stuttery in the termicide map yesterday

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

A good fix for the Scythe spin up is to run a rover

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The Destiny sound design team probably got laid off, they should scoop them up. The Graviton Lance is my favorite sfx since those sonic bombs in attack of the clones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The termicide maps are interesting as there's a ton of supplies in specific places, so your squad doesn't need to run supply backpacks. You can run a GL or autocannon without backpacks and grab rovers to watch your back. It's also super choke pointy so running a mech or HMG or EMP field at each battery is incredibly effective.

Just great how each mission requires such different combinations of load outs.