Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Dustin vs Christian 8 10.67%
Best Friends vs Not Lucha Bros 3 4.00%
BCG vs Mogul Embassy 4 5.33%
Anna vs Deonna 1 1.33%
Top Flight vs Private Party 2 2.67%
Joe vs Hook 57 76.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Luchablog says Black Taurus is signed to some kind of deal, however, AAA is disputing the "Black Taurus" character so they're (AEW/ROH) going to come up with another one for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MassRafTer posted:

it's a post from another thread

:thunk:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Chinston Wurchill posted:

They're going to unify the AEW, ROH, and NEVER belts into the triple triple crown 18-man championship, which can be defended as a part of or independently of each set of trios titles.

I'm ok with this as long as the ref has to hold nine belts to start the match

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Pylons posted:

Luchablog says Black Taurus is signed to some kind of deal, however, AAA is disputing the "Black Taurus" character so they're (AEW/ROH) going to come up with another one for him.

El Taurus Negro

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Pylons posted:

Mantaur!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Luchataurus

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

- mike tyson watching the patriarchy

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lol

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

El Taurus Negro

Now I want Stevie Janowski to drive around yelling at everyone that this is what he actually wants to be called.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/bountykeith/status/1747940353368580443?t=9TMSIdups7MuywcXXhiQRw&s=19

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Bryan Keith vs. MAO is going to be incredible. They're two of my favorite up-and-comers and I see huge things in both their futures. It's a match to watch!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I hope DDT loves Brian Keith, and appreciates his Big Pants

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here's everything cubsfan wrote about Black Taurus/Bert since The Engagement Bait Accounts are already reporting what he wrote so the game of telephone will begin.

quote:

AAA

“Black Taurus” is no more. The guy under the mask is fine. Let’s call this man “Bert” (not a real name) to make this paragraph less confusing. AAA owns the “Taurus” gimmick, that’s not in dispute. Bert portrayed the Taurus character in AAA from 2015 to 2016. Bert then left AAA, modified both the outfit and the name ever so slightly, and portrayed “Black Taurus” for a couple of years. Bert also registered the Black Taurus name and outfit, and appeared on TV in Mexico (for Lucha Libre Elite) as that character. Bert returned to AAA in 2018. He resumed using the “Taurus” gimmick on AAA shows, but kept the “Black Taurus” branding for his outside and independent work. That outside work included his time in Impact Wrestling, where Bert was billed as “Black Taurus.” AAA appeared OK with that. AAA raised no objections of Bert using “Black Taurus” on indie shows or on merchandise. Bert, again under “Black Taurus,” appeared in an ROH show and an AEW show. AAA has been less OK with that. To me, there are three ways this could’ve gone:

AAA could’ve let the “Black Taurus” gimmick go of any issues because of their great friendship and alliance with AEW
AEW could’ve decided Bert’s ownership of the Black Taurus character was legally sound, and just stuck with the character over AAA’s objections.
AEW could decide to modify the “Black Taurus” character and name to something slightly more distinct from “Taurus” to avoid any legal issues.

Option 2 wasn’t a real choice. I think Bert (and AEW) would have a strong case, but AEW recently settled a lengthy lawsuit over the Luchasaurus mask. I expect they’d rather not deal with that for another character, especially one they’ve only recently and barely put on TV. Option 1 seems a great possibility if AAA and AEW were on good terms. It’s going to be Option 3; I’m told Bert was prepared for that to be a possible outcome. I don’t know exactly what Bert will look like or be called when you see him on TV again, but I’m expecting his name won’t have the word “Taurus” in it

TV is the key here. AAA’s probably not this upset if Bert is working untelevised indies, and there’s no reason for Bert to invest into a new character without TV promotion to get it over. It may take a few days for you to read this same information behind a paywall, but this means Bert’s got a AEW/ROH deal.

This Taurus issue may be another aspect of that AAA/TNA announcement; there was a definite spirit of “Friendship Ended with X, Now Y is my best friend” to that deal. It’s also possible someone could end up as the new Taurus in AAA, just as there are new Octagons and Myzteziz. It’s debatable if that strategy helps the wrestlers, but AAA feels it helps AAA.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
congrats Bert

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Bull Negro is coming...

Oh no.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bard Maddox posted:

congrats Bert

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

No More B.T.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Toro el Zero M

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

No More B.T.

uk / ireland goons trying to watch aew :(

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

AEW changes his name to Black Gemini, gets sued by American Gladiators

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
No More BS Bert White

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

DeathChicken posted:

AEW changes his name to Black Gemini, gets sued by Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Extended Lore

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bully gray

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

This owns. I love Bryan Keith.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Just call him Black Bullsack

And I mean Black Taurus, not Bryan Keith

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Corporate Cutler
https://x.com/BranCutler/status/1747829805595115881?s=20

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

AEW changes his name to Black Gemini, gets sued by Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Extended Lore

Well, let’s try wind names, there has to be some cool stuff like… Mistral! Or… Khamsin? Monsoon? Jet stream?

…Haboob.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i now want HOOK vs. Darby. just two skinny boys that absolutely refuse to die, beating the poo poo out of each other. make it no DQ for extra fun

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/AEW/status/1747997271692542372?s=20

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

No this is Dirtsheet Cutler and it's an incredible dig at wrestling "journalists"

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

make Mark Briscoe world champ asap

Yup.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dango Bango posted:

No this is Dirtsheet Cutler and it's an incredible dig at wrestling "journalists"

https://twitter.com/davescherer/status/1747978102070812908?s=21&t=2TAV0ISXDTf_sC-7_hUncQ

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Captain Foo posted:

Roddy and crew are all colossal weiners

Alex Wright should have been the Devil.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Rock Card Juice Robinson

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

nice to see dave has gotten over tony and aew

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It's nice to see Jay White having so much fun :3:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

which dave is that. i only know the other dave. this dave prolly doesn't even have big muscles or piles of paper all over his room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Who was this guy getting choked out by Hook in the preshow recap? I thought it was Punk at first lol