Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Is LAVA an acronym or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
Your skin can't get dirty if you don't have any.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

credburn posted:

Is LAVA an acronym or

It’s made with ground up pumice to help remove the top layer of your skin where all the automotive grease is

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

vaginite posted:

What a fuckin dork too just make a volcano.

Stolen road cone volcano crew.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

vaginite posted:

And I was pissed because my dad was an autobody guy, and we always had LAVA around because it’s great at getting rid of grease, paint, and oil and poo poo, and that’s what it was specifically for.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It’s made with ground up pumice to help remove the top layer of your skin where all the automotive grease is

:haibrow: Fast Orange has the same sort of thing, but the genuinely :krad: orange smell as well.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Thinking about getting a fresh bar of soap, a stopwatch for exact time, and just start showering and not stop until the bar is gone.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

credburn posted:

Is LAVA an acronym or

levitating acid vulva approaches

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Vampire Panties posted:

:haibrow: Fast Orange has the same sort of thing, but the genuinely :krad: orange smell as well.

Second for fast orange. That poo poo’s a must have for any garage.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Orange Gojo vs Fast Orange???

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Twenty Four posted:

Thinking about getting a fresh bar of soap, a stopwatch for exact time, and just start showering and not stop until the bar is gone.

but how many licks does it take to get to the center of a shower soap

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
How long does a bowl of soup last you in the shower?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Mix them together in a pump bottle and use it as body wash

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
I havent showered in months

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

If I'm feeling dirty and go super hard with no breaks, about an hour.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

The Hello Machine posted:

How long does a bowl of soup last you in the shower?

I'm testing it now, the bowl doesn't seem to be appreciably empty after three hours of eating

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I can’t believe I missed this thread — this is my time to shine. I will not be posting my spreadsheet publicly but I can reveal that my favorite soap lasts for almost exactly one month of daily showers.

Also key is the world’s best soap dish with a suction cup system that works extraordinarily well. Amazon keeps wanting me to re-buy it, but my 9-year-old one is still flawless

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

lalaland posted:

I havent showered in months

Hey sweetie

Get some counseling, ok? I mean it. You can do it. I'm sorry you don't have platinum

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Anne Whateley posted:

I can’t believe I missed this thread — this is my time to shine. I will not be posting my spreadsheet publicly but I can reveal that my favorite soap lasts for almost exactly one month of daily showers.

Also key is the world’s best soap dish with a suction cup system that works extraordinarily well. Amazon keeps wanting me to re-buy it, but my 9-year-old one is still flawless

please post the soap spreadsheet

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
There’s a spreadsheet of soap? Like how long they last, how good they are, that sort of stuff?

For a while I was kicking around the idea of taking a picture of the bar of soap once a day then take all the photos and have some dumb video of each bar of soap as it gets progressively smaller before a new pops up to take its place

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Simple Green is part of my morning routine.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Castrol super clean.

Why bother with that old skin when this poo poo can burn off that outer layer and you have a new one every day.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

sometimes i like to use the purple degreaser if im feeling fancy

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
That generic gritty pink powder that restaurant dishwashers use to scrub pots with.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I moved states and moved in with a highschool buddy until I got on my feet.
He accused me of using his soap and I told him I hadn't used it once and that maybe putting it where tons of water splashes is the reason it goes away so fast.

I get over a month but that one pine tar soap evangilst thread got me to switch to like almost $8 bars of pine tar soap.

It smells like a campfire but it cured a temporary skin condition of mine and a different one on my wife, though she doesn't use it anymore because it dries her out too much.

I suspect that it has the same anti microbial effects as liquid smoke.

Dr Bronners or any other castile soap seems to be hypoallergenic and worked on a guy I knew who claimed all soap made him break out in a rash.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

I'm a grower not a shower so I have nothing to contribute.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i don't currently use dr. bronners and i get a bit tired of it when i do, buy i absolutely respect them for providing both cleanliness and substantially better reading material than any other soap or shampoo bottle

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i love getting soaps on etsy and that one goon lady in sa mart. ive been swimming a lot so showering at the gym. a felted soap really helps make it last.

sounds similar to soap saver honestly. bar soaps are a simple pleasure. colors and scents

Edgar Allan Pwned fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 1, 2024

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

this thread battling with the stinky girls thread for the future of gbs' cleanliness ideology

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
omg soap spreadsheets are the reason i come to SA

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I save over $75 a year by not using soap. If you guys wanna be rich you gotta think rich.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Southern Cassowary posted:

please post the soap spreadsheet

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

omg soap spreadsheets are the reason i come to SA

Anne Whateley posted:

I will not be posting my spreadsheet publicly[!!!!!]

Technically my soap spreadsheet has a slightly different focus. As you can see, I like a somewhat fancy soap with MSRP at $6, which is a bit steep considering you can get Dove for under $1/bar. To optimize the price, one has to buy in bulk online from various sources, balancing initial listed price, sales, shipping, discounts that kick in at various levels, tax, etc. That’s the focus of my spreadsheet, but it has the side effect of revealing that 12 bars last a year.

Typically I buy about 18 bars at a time for an average price around $3.15 per bar, saving almost 50%. Naturally, this is extremely efficient, cost-effective, and deeply normal behavior

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I moved states and moved in with a highschool buddy until I got on my feet.
He accused me of using his soap and I told him I hadn't used it once and that maybe putting it where tons of water splashes is the reason it goes away so fast.

I get over a month but that one pine tar soap evangilst thread got me to switch to like almost $8 bars of pine tar soap.

It smells like a campfire but it cured a temporary skin condition of mine and a different one on my wife, though she doesn't use it anymore because it dries her out too much.

I suspect that it has the same anti microbial effects as liquid smoke.

Dr Bronners or any other castile soap seems to be hypoallergenic and worked on a guy I knew who claimed all soap made him break out in a rash.

I get like 3 weeks from a healthy porcupine pine tar soap that I recommended in that thread. At least I assume it was my thread your talking about. My like of it has kind of waned it's just so strong smelling.

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
I go through a bar a week being fat rules

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just started using a goats milk soap that’s been in the bathroom closet for like 5 years. It’s very moisturizing, regretting not using it sooner.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

i love getting soaps on etsy and that one goon lady in sa mart.
All jokes aside her (Ember Cove) stuff is legit good.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

One time someone crashed at my place for a bit and they carved a sigil into my soap bar so they could do a pagan ritual while taking a shower. They also siphoned my money for weed and tobacco so I kicked them out. Then they called adult protective services on me claiming I was abusing my roommate. The two women who showed up from APS were really nice and left after 5 minutes after questioning my roommate to make sure I wasn’t gaslighting her. That’s my soap story.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

What's this mystical pine tar soap?

Is it like how goons were saying top stop using shampoo for a while?

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Thesaurus posted:

What's this mystical pine tar soap?

Is it like how goons were saying top stop using shampoo for a while?

I mean I use shampoo every other hair wash. Using it every time is overall worse for most cases. Gotta keep those natural curls bouncin’

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
But do you use conditioner :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

emSparkly posted:

I mean I use shampoo every other hair wash. Using it every time is overall worse for most cases. Gotta keep those natural curls bouncin’

I swear there was a thread where they were advocating rarely using shampoo and then using like vinegar instead of shampoo to help preserve natural oils. I remember so e goons complaitning that they smelled too much like vinegar all the time.

It's kind of a parallel to the "seasoned cast iron" freaks who are militant about never cleaning it