Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

What's this mystical pine tar soap?

Is it like how goons were saying top stop using shampoo for a while?

https://www.thehealthyporcupine.com/soap/pine-tar-20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

"The pine tar we use in our soaps is authentic, highest grade kiln burned pine tar from Sweden. Auson makes pine tar the old fashioned way by burning pine tree stumps in kilns. This method is also known as, "genuine peasant made tar". "

What is this madness? Why does everything in my life have to become so complex??

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

My body is my temple, only one artisan soap is good enough for my temple:

If you're from denver though you can still get some squatch:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Castille Soap supremacy. Litre lasts me like 9 months.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

eightysixed posted:

But do you use conditioner :stare:

Conditioner and some nice mousse. Keeps em nice and springy.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
You buy soap in litres?

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Thesaurus posted:

I swear there was a thread where they were advocating rarely using shampoo and then using like vinegar instead of shampoo to help preserve natural oils. I remember so e goons complaitning that they smelled too much like vinegar all the time.

It's kind of a parallel to the "seasoned cast iron" freaks who are militant about never cleaning it

Yeah, I remember because I tried some of those. One way was washing your hair with baking soda and rinsing with vinegar, or using sulfate free shampoos. The baking soda and vinegar didn't seem to do much and the shampoo I tried made my hair feel like crunchy wax.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Thesaurus posted:

"The pine tar we use in our soaps is authentic, highest grade kiln burned pine tar from Sweden. Auson makes pine tar the old fashioned way by burning pine tree stumps in kilns. This method is also known as, "genuine peasant made tar". "

What is this madness? Why does everything in my life have to become so complex??

Genuine swedish peasant tar? Sweden never had serfdom or full feudalism, there never were swedish peasants! I'm filing a class action lawsuit.

Piss And Shittium
Dec 20, 2023
I don't think I've purchased a bar of soap since 14th October 2007. I just use fairy liquid dish-soap, the green one.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I'm intrigued by this pine tar soap but as you can see I'll wash myself with anything

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I bought a bar of dr. bronner's peppermint to see how long it would last, but I accidentally ate it because it smelled like candy.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I need the deets on this beer soap :cheers:

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
I buy fancy soaps that are either French or are for hipster guys with mustaches who know what aloeswood is. They usually come in giant bars and can last me months because I have a few open at once so I can have a fragrance for my every fancy lad mood.

I can also vouch for pine tar and other conifer soaps. I had backne into my 20s until I started using pine tar soap.

RapturesoftheDeep fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Feb 3, 2024

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

So now you just smell like a fire pit all day?

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Wendigee posted:

So now you just smell like a fire pit all day?

No it's rugged okay? It gives that hunky woodsman scent that makes up for the lack of muscle mass and ability to grow a beard needed to complete the look.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

BigBadSteve posted:

Sometimes the bar of soap slips out of my hand and disappears up my rear end. If it's a long time before a poo poo after that, my body gradually absorbs the soap bar, and I find myself blowing bubbles when I hiccup. Does anyone else get this?

came here to post this

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Because of this thread I ordered this as a surprise valentines for my wife:

But now I want some fancy soap for men. I've been using baking soda mixed with vinegar but I think I can step my soap game up. Is pine tar good? There's a bunch - pine tar, kojic acid, sandalwood, lots of stuff. Anyone got a soap bar they recommend?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

vaginite posted:

But now I want some fancy soap for men. I've been using baking soda mixed with vinegar but I think I can step my soap game up. Is pine tar good? There's a bunch - pine tar, kojic acid, sandalwood, lots of stuff. Anyone got a soap bar they recommend?

Ooo where'd you get that? I have a friend I never know what to get her for anything, this sounds like a winner.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Jacking it with Irish spring, as God intended. The pain is how you pay penance for the onanism

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lmfao at goons never hearing of pine tar being used in soap making or in general and being totally loving baffled by it

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

credburn posted:

Ooo where'd you get that? I have a friend I never know what to get her for anything, this sounds like a winner.

Finchberry - lil pricey but the soaps look cool. This was the year of soap pack but they have individual packs.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

Lmfao at goons never hearing of pine tar being used in soap making or in general and being totally loving baffled by it

Post your soap(s), binch

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

It's not exactly common in the United States and nobody lives elsewhere so I don't blame them.

vaginite posted:

Only the manliest of soaps work for me as I am a man. I've been liking https://www.stirlingsoap.com/collections/bar-soap.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Is there like a pepper cannon but for pressing slivers of soap together?

I feel like there is a big gap in the market, where I should be just shoving soap bar slivers into a chamber, aiming at my face or my torso or feet and a high velocity spray of soap shards blasts out and sticks to the surface, just requiring a quick rub and rinse.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

covidstomper58 posted:

Is there like a pepper cannon but for pressing slivers of soap together?

I feel like there is a big gap in the market, where I should be just shoving soap bar slivers into a chamber, aiming at my face or my torso or feet and a high velocity spray of soap shards blasts out and sticks to the surface, just requiring a quick rub and rinse.

Terrible idea nobody wants that. Anybody know how to file a patent?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Thesaurus posted:

Post your soap(s), binch

I already did

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Slivers of soap can be put into a soap saver bag. it's just a porous bag that prevents the slivers from exiting but giving you soapy goodness when water is applied. they're like 4 bucks for 5 on aliexpress.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

gently caress that noise, I'll just open a new bar.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
soap? I have water and olive oil, if it was good enough for the Romans it's good enough for me

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Earwicker posted:

i regret to inform you that many major hotel chains have stopped giving little bars of soap and now have large bottles of soap bolted onto the wall in the bathroom (same with the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the shower)

Indeed. Another Covid related fatality, just like what happened to most of the "free" breakfast buffets.

Thankfully, another Covid consequence, I travel faaaaar less than I used to, so I've just been using up my soap hoard for a while now, but I still have years of soap to go.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I wash myself with a rag on a stick

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Poohs Packin posted:

:golfclap:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Poohs Packin posted:

Is this code for tampon? :stare:

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
No it’s a Simpsons quote

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Hotel Kpro posted:

No it’s a Simpsons quote

What is this code for?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Does anyone remember the goon from like a year or two ago who needed help unclogging his toilet because he flushed a whole bar of soap down it and then he got banned for being so stupid as to try and flush a bar of soap down the toilet. I think about that a lot when I am in the shower and it is very funny to me

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

I bought that Palestinian soap recently, the one with the camel, to give as gifts. How do you rate it on the soap scale?

I rate it "it's soap".

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Duck and Cover posted:

I rate it "it's soap".

Yeah, basically this....

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Loora posted:

Get a soap saver, buddy. It is like a little string woven sack that helps you scrub under your arms and keeps the soap from washing away needlessly. You can also jam it full of many smaller soaps.
Body wash has never removed body odour in the way that superior soap bars do. You people sicken me.

...huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Stop making soaps that look like delicious desserts people!

For soap, I just form a sheet of soap into a large tub shape and roll about in that as the shower rains down, until clean. Each soap tub last about three months.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Apr 22, 2024