Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I get like 3 weeks (one person) but I see people online claiming poo poo like multiple months. What the gently caress? I know they can't be lying because on the internet you can't lie but what the gently caress? Soap dish? Check. Store outside the shower? Check. Clearly I need to learn these secret soap arts so my soaps last longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I dont use soap bars. I use body wash, a scrub, then body butter op

I liked body wash well enough but the only thing that suds them up as much as I want seems to be those plastic loofahs things and I can't imagine those are that great for the environment.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

ChickenHeart posted:

At least 7 or 8 bites

Mr. Owl you aren't suppose to bite them you're suppose to lick them. How many licks?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

databasic posted:

Things like Dial or Irish Spring will get you more use than things like Dove or Ivory, which will (generally) get you more use than homemade FancySoaps (this is not a trademark or official term). I made an oatmeal, shea and coconut butter soap (it was superfatted, like me 😎 P.S. this is an actual soap making term) that made my skin smell nicely for a long time and made me feel very clean, but a single 3-oz-ish bar lasted a max of 2 weeks when stored outside the shower so it could dry out and all that business. YMMV, but it seems like the harsher bar soaps are the soaps that last longer. So if you want the most bang for your buck, just use some Fels Naptha (please do not do this, I am being sarcastic. This is a laundry detergent soap and should be diluted before it is even used that way. It is very effective, but needs some buffers and should never be used as a skin cleanser.)

How have hotel soaps ever made you feel clean rather than sticky/squeaky?

That might be it. I'm gonna show you all a secret... a secret that you must not share.

SOAAAAAAP!!!!!!

You may think I have a problem and you'd be right, I MUST BUY MORE.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

I bought that Palestinian soap recently, the one with the camel, to give as gifts. How do you rate it on the soap scale?

I ordered it Sept 30, 2019 so I don't remember. My guess is it was fine. I'm not sure I like olive oil soaps like that.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

Sounds like it's time to lather up and give the thread a soap trip report

I would but I opened a Dr. Bronner's recently so it'll be like 3 weeks maybe less. Assuming I don't lose interest and just pick whatever.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 19, 2024

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

I would but I opened a Dr. Bronner's recently so it'll be like 3 weeks maybe less. Assuming I don't lose interest and just pick whatever.

Yeah I lost interest and went with something else. I know very sad. Also that wasn't 3 weeks, Dr. Bronner's just doesn't last as long.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I moved states and moved in with a highschool buddy until I got on my feet.
He accused me of using his soap and I told him I hadn't used it once and that maybe putting it where tons of water splashes is the reason it goes away so fast.

I get over a month but that one pine tar soap evangilst thread got me to switch to like almost $8 bars of pine tar soap.

It smells like a campfire but it cured a temporary skin condition of mine and a different one on my wife, though she doesn't use it anymore because it dries her out too much.

I suspect that it has the same anti microbial effects as liquid smoke.

Dr Bronners or any other castile soap seems to be hypoallergenic and worked on a guy I knew who claimed all soap made him break out in a rash.

I get like 3 weeks from a healthy porcupine pine tar soap that I recommended in that thread. At least I assume it was my thread your talking about. My like of it has kind of waned it's just so strong smelling.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

What's this mystical pine tar soap?

Is it like how goons were saying top stop using shampoo for a while?

https://www.thehealthyporcupine.com/soap/pine-tar-20.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

Lmfao at goons never hearing of pine tar being used in soap making or in general and being totally loving baffled by it

It's not exactly common in the United States and nobody lives elsewhere so I don't blame them.

vaginite posted:

Because of this thread I ordered this as a surprise valentines for my wife:

But now I want some fancy soap for men. I've been using baking soda mixed with vinegar but I think I can step my soap game up. Is pine tar good? There's a bunch - pine tar, kojic acid, sandalwood, lots of stuff. Anyone got a soap bar they recommend?

Only the manliest of soaps work for me as I am a man. I've been liking https://www.stirlingsoap.com/collections/bar-soap.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

covidstomper58 posted:

Is there like a pepper cannon but for pressing slivers of soap together?

I feel like there is a big gap in the market, where I should be just shoving soap bar slivers into a chamber, aiming at my face or my torso or feet and a high velocity spray of soap shards blasts out and sticks to the surface, just requiring a quick rub and rinse.

Terrible idea nobody wants that. Anybody know how to file a patent?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

I bought that Palestinian soap recently, the one with the camel, to give as gifts. How do you rate it on the soap scale?

I rate it "it's soap".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I bought more soap. SOAP SOAP SOAP. What if I bought cheaper soap that way if it doesn't last as long it's not as big a deal. https://thesoapguy.com/newgreekyogurt.html got the yogurt lime and grapefruit tea tree. Went with their etsy store because they sell them cut there.

edit: Actually it looks like there main site has them cut too.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 21, 2024