Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Moka's sad little claps as Juria leaves :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HEY GUYS!

GUESS WHO!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
KAMIYU

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Jerusalem posted:

Awww that sucks, I thought she had a lot of potential.

Potential, yeah, but she ended up working the kind of schedule people thought Yuki Arai was going to work when she first joined.

Getting injured probably really made her rethink how much she wants to do wrestling in the grand scheme of things since she already has so much going on, and getting hurt because of wrestling could keep her from doing all that other stuff.

I remember when she was first signed, one of the things that was touted was her social media presence, and I think CyberFight thought they could convert that into new fans, but I don't think she realistically put butts in the seats to any real notice: compare that to someone like Yuki Arai; who when she does hometown shows, it's a whole thing and it's obvious that there are a lot of people that show up to those shows specifically for her and the SKE48 mini-lives.

Juria's schedule combined with her being out for so long due to injury sadly meant that she was out more times than she was in, and she didn't connect with as many people because of it.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Kamiyu comin' to take that belt back.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

COMING THROUGH!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Potential, yeah, but she ended up working the kind of schedule people thought Yuki Arai was going to work when she first joined.

Getting injured probably really made her rethink how much she wants to do wrestling in the grand scheme of things since she already has so much going on, and getting hurt because of wrestling could keep her from doing all that other stuff.

I remember when she was first signed, one of the things that was touted was her social media presence, and I think CyberFight thought they could convert that into new fans, but I don't think she realistically put butts in the seats to any real notice: compare that to someone like Yuki Arai; who when she does hometown shows, it's a whole thing and it's obvious that there are a lot of people that show up to those shows specifically for her and the SKE48 mini-lives.

Juria's schedule combined with her being out for so long due to injury sadly meant that she was out more times than she was in, and she didn't connect with as many people because of it.

I wasn't aware of all that, had no idea she is a social media star (?), all I knew was she did call karate moves which makes her cool as hell. Glad it sounds like she'll be good doing whatever she does outside of wrestling though.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I wasn't aware of all that, had no idea she is a social media star (?), all I knew was she did call karate moves which makes her cool as hell. Glad it sounds like she'll be good doing whatever she does outside of wrestling though.

Juria Nagano is a:
+ Actress
+ TikTok star
+ Nurse
+ Pro Wrestler.
+ Karate lady

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Kamiyu has the energy of someone that went to a US public high school so you can't out-shittalk her.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Kamiyu has the energy of someone that went to a US public high school so you can't out-shittalk her.

did her reps in the ohio mines.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Dai-sy-Mon-key

L-O-V-E

Both of those track as crowd chants

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

THUMBS
UP
FOR
ENDO
DAMMIT

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

THUMBS

UP

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

karmicknight posted:

Juria Nagano is a:

+ Karate lady

The coolest thing it is possible to be short of a 13-year-old boy's dim understanding of Jan Michael VincentMichael Dudikoff in the 1980s. :hai:

Edit: Don't know why I always mixed those two up :doh:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 10, 2024

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
NO LOVE TONIGHT

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

RIKA RUINS EVERYTHING

(say hello say goodbye)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GODDAMMIT! :negative:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:toot:
SAY HELLO SAY GOODBYE

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Say hello say goodbye :argh:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
L

O

:mad:

drat

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
the rika tatsumi stone cold vest continues to amuse me to no end.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

RIKA STOP THAT

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

First time Endo's double axe handle has had any impact at all

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goodness me :stare:

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

MIU STRONK

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
s w i n g

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
humble!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

endooooooooo

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

taaaaaaaap

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

YOU'LL BELIEVE A BEE CAN FLY!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

She's too little to springboard

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
good work from the bee checking out of that springboard when she wasn't feeling it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The Taxman posted:

MIU STRONK

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
c o m b o t e c h

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Such great teamwork but it means nothing because Miu is too Strong

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

RING A BELL!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
baby ring the bell

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
COMBO PIN

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I BEELIEVE

Adbot