Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
21 applications today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Ohtori Akio posted:

21 applications today

Good luck! I fired three off can't wait to hear nothing and check the portal in a month to find them all filled

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I'm being paid to poop... by the government

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Weka posted:

I'm being paid to poop... by the government

That explains your posts :wal::stat:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

left in November because the project client was asking for some heads even before I entered and then they escalated for some minor thing, I decided to bail once realized that they were looking for an excuse to present some results for those issues (and lmao getting rid of the least paid guys)

sent an application yesterday and got an interview for the next week, meanwhile just hitting out the odd freelance job whenever it appears

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Year 5 of being disabled and out of the work force. Am functional for about 45m to an hour a day. Swept the floor today, it felt good to have some control.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
just one application today. but it was a good one

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
got a bite this morning. ftw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Ohtori Akio posted:

got a bite this morning. ftw

Nice. Good luck on graduating to the hootington thread

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I got an interview next week and another one week after that. I'm supposed to have a third one but the website won't let me schedule at any time but 4am and they won't respond to my emails.

guess it's time to play palworld

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

DaysBefore posted:

Nice. Good luck on graduating to the hootington thread

i will never post in a hootington thread

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Also job "platforms" that advertise by pretending to be jobs on job sites are ontologically evil.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Ohtori Akio posted:

21 applications today

just did great in the first round interview for one of these.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

congrats. hopefully it isn't one of those places that strings you along for 3+ interviews.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Ronwayne posted:

congrats. hopefully it isn't one of those places that strings you along for 3+ interviews.

its one of those places lmao.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Soiled Meat
This morning I got on a zoom call with a lady who said she wanted me to work at an office to press buttons. I said yes, but like I'll have to drop it in a few months when my in-laws summon the grand babies. I've been very upfront with employers that I will have to take unpaid leave to shephard my children to these summons. They next one is in June and there's like 4 of them every year, only gonna increase in frequency. Last interviewer had the gall to tell me to tell him no, I'm like bitch you don't pay enough to pay my rent, THAT poo poo is how my rent gets paid.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Was the job at spacely sprockets?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

KirbyKhan posted:

This morning I got on a zoom call with a lady who said she wanted me to work at an office to press buttons. I said yes, but like I'll have to drop it in a few months when my in-laws summon the grand babies. I've been very upfront with employers that I will have to take unpaid leave to shephard my children to these summons. They next one is in June and there's like 4 of them every year, only gonna increase in frequency. Last interviewer had the gall to tell me to tell him no, I'm like bitch you don't pay enough to pay my rent, THAT poo poo is how my rent gets paid.

patronage ftw

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Would like to take a moment and say to the person on the av-buying spree: What the fuck is wrong with you? Fucking disagreeing on the wording of polling questions means that I support Israel murdering people in Gaza? And somehow despite caring enough to plaster that fucking pic

Al! posted:

patronage ftw

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Ohtori Akio posted:

its one of those places lmao.

ownef

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
isnt that every place now

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
yeah basically. baseline for computer toucher is you throw your resume in a black hole, then a recruiter does a call with you to make sure your a human beign or whatever. then you schedule a first real round (phone or video) where you code a little to make sure your not retarded i guess. i just passed this one. then (normal) they bring you onsite to do a few different interviews, some code some trivia/problem solving some behavioural. but (fancy new way) they just do more video calls for those instead, scheduled separately. and then you never hear back from them until you pester the recruiter over email to let you know they went with someones friend instead.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Would like to take a moment and say to the person on the av-buying spree: What the fuck is wrong with you? Fucking disagreeing on the wording of polling questions means that I support Israel murdering people in Gaza? And somehow despite caring enough to plaster that fucking pic

Ohtori Akio posted:

yeah basically. baseline for computer toucher is you throw your resume in a black hole, then a recruiter does a call with you to make sure your a human beign or whatever. then you schedule a first real round (phone or video) where you code a little to make sure your not retarded i guess. i just passed this one. then (normal) they bring you onsite to do a few different interviews, some code some trivia/problem solving some behavioural. but (fancy new way) they just do more video calls for those instead, scheduled separately. and then you never hear back from them until you pester the recruiter over email to let you know they went with someones friend instead.

lol

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
got an interview for a teaching position at a technical school. instantly overinvested in it.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
we love to get invested before we even talk to anybody. it's our favorite thing

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
i like being moronically enthusiastic when i can be. it pays off sometimes

looking at way too much dumb poo poo on linkedin as a side effect

thank you mr bean

Weka
May 5, 2019

Well? What are the sentences?

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Weka posted:

all guilty

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Weka posted:

My life for Aiur!

For the Khala is my strength!

For our strength is eternal.

Power overwhelming!

Thoughts in chaos...

Make use of me.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ohtori Akio posted:

Lol, christ. This is not helping my anxiety about trying to find a job again after 5 years of no work, but unironically I hope this works out for you.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Smythe posted:

My life for Aiur!

For the Khala is my strength!

For our strength is eternal.

Power overwhelming!

Thoughts in chaos...

Make use of me.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Direct my wrath.
                                                      /

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Still sending out resumes, still not getting called back. Maybe I'll find a shady cash job and supplement that sweet passive income (unemployment)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

aw frig aw dang it posted:

Direct my wrath.
                                                      /

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
guy quit interviewing me in the middle of this one and started prepping me for the onsite lol. he liked me but was also like theyre gonna try and put you in the wood chipper so heres what to do x y z

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
well it's been a year officially, this could be a problem eventually i suppose

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
im getting close to a year. i believe in u

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

i saw a cadberry cream egg was 3 dollars in line at the gas station and flipped the gently caress out inside my own head

Weka
May 5, 2019

I think it's been 5 or so for me. No plans to change things either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Dunno how I'd survive for like a year lol, my EI runs out in the summer or fall I think and then it'd be couchsurfing time. Good luck finding productive work helping the economy grow and the spice flow, goons

Weka posted:

I think it's been 5 or so for me. No plans to change things either.

Congrats on your robust rental property portfolio allowing an early retirement :cheersbird: