Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

OldSenileGuy posted:

This weekend I drove down to the city to check out a couple neighborhoods I'm thinking of moving to. It made me think - being able to plot out a route in Apple Maps and then take a "virtual drive" on that route in Apple Vision Pro using the Apple Maps street view images - maybe this doesn't count as a "killer app" but it does sound pretty drat cool.

I wonder if they are working on this and that's why they don't have a VisionPro-specific Maps app yet (I've seen in reviews that the Maps app in AVP is just a floating version of the iPad app - there's nothing special or Vision-y about it right now)

the magic does wear off eventually but this use case was very popular when the vive, et al., first launched but with google maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i know the tethered battery is a negative for the general audience but imo i wouldn’t ever care, it keeps weight and heat off the head.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

How do the optical inserts work? They can't just work for every prescription out of the box, can they? Or do you need to provide your prescription info when you order them?

you have to provide a legal prescription to apple

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

metztli posted:

I'm trying to find something that will let me fit a Magic Keyboard and Magic Touchpad in something to let it be more or less the same ergonomics as a MacBook Pro keyboard & touchpad; this way I can essentially use this like a headless laptop. So far I've found some acrylic stuff that looks sort of jank; anyone found a good solution for something like this?

if you aren't handy i'd just find a local woodworker in your area to have them cut you a little frame to mount them in

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

personally i wish they'd border all around but that walnut looks nice

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Phssthpok posted:

Are you supposed to be able to read a phone screen through the headset cameras? Maybe I need glasses after all.

quote:

Yes, you can read your phone. Some of the smaller font is a little bit harder to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

ephori posted:

That feels like a crazy oversight. I’m shocked they wouldn’t have considered the Max’s with the Vision Pro straps. That seems crazy to me.

i'm not, really, i bet the maxes don't sell much.

in reality the problem is with the design of the airpods max; imo they're not nearly adjustable enough.