Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Roadie posted:

One odd discovery, prompted by a Reddit post talking about potential non-light-seal head strap alternatives: If I take the AVP, remove the gasket, and just hold it up against my face with the bottom bit up against the bridge of my nose, it works fine, the FOV is way better, and there's just enough space for my eyelashes even with the Zeiss lenses. I'm wondering now if there was supposed to be less space inside the light seal and they had to bulk it out for some reason, and I'm hoping third-party bands take advantage of this.

I wear my quest 3 without the facial interface using a halo style strap. It’s so, so much better than having something strapped to your face. Can’t wait for third parties to figure this out for the AVP.

That said I’m not sure if/when I’ll pick up an AVP. I’m an overpaid VR nerd who works in the Immersed app all the time, staying in the cutting edge since the DK2, and $3500 is still too much for me I think.

Maybe I’ll bite once it’s on the veteran and military store for a discount

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

App13
Dec 31, 2011

If the Nreal displays could be kept pinned in space without jitter, I would never take them off. The “giant display pasted to your face” aspect killed them for me.

In related news, the lack of a Virtual Desktop/Immersed application for the AVP has kept me from picking one up so far, despite being an overpaid VR enthusiast who travels across an ocean 4x a year. I feel like that is the target demographic for this thing to a T, Apple just needs to get the productivity tools squared away.