Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

OldSenileGuy posted:

This weekend I drove down to the city to check out a couple neighborhoods I'm thinking of moving to.
Virtual Redlining where they use your metrics to re-project a shittier/nicer version on the neighborhood in order to make it more/less appealing.

Instead of the video kiosk from Robocop you get random samples of the Nextdoor app alerts and various CrimeBLAST popups.

Redfin you can wire the money to my offshore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

mediaphage posted:

you have to provide a legal prescription to apple
Which is basically a middleman for Zenni to construct your lenses and slot them into the magnetically attached inserts.

Also if you have prism on your prescription you're SOL.

Did the demo this morning and I enjoyed it. Definitely on rails. Though they did let me try a keyboard as part of the demo. That wasn't as good. I can see why they might shy away from it. Wasn't as intuitive to "feel" where the keys were vs something like the Quest handsets. But on the other hand, using my eyes to direct typing and pinching to choose was pretty decent.

The resolution of the 3D photos and videos left a little something to be desired. The 8k demo was good, still a little weirdly grainy. The regular photos shot in 3D were rougher. The kind of frosted edge makes then oddly intrusive and were the only part I felt my ol VR Motion Sickness kick in because the rest of the passthrough was "flat" vs the photo.

Spatial audio was good. They had an Alicia Keyes bit where the audio tracked your head. That will be a cool bit if they ever shoot concerts with that in mind. 3D sports were a little constrained. Couldn't track a baseball as easily, a dude swinging his bat seemed like it was poorly aliased.

Can definitely tell the foveated rendering takes half a second when you turn your head to look at something. Kind if helps me with motion sickness though.

Don't have the disposable income, would buy if I did though.