Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

He's carrying it around like he just won an Oscar, not I had $3,500 of available credit on one of my cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/iupdate/status/1753517090806649055/photo/1

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Honestly with Apple Care+ it was probably well worth it for the clicks.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I'm curious if either of you happen to own a Meta Quest 2/3.

I'm actually crazy enough to buy an Apple Vision, but my experience with my Meta Quest is, this is amazing and then an hour later, I'm bored. The resolution, field of view, pass-through, etc are all components of that but the reason I didn't jump on the Apple Vision was a feeling that Apple solved a lot of my usage gripes with the Meta Quest 2 but all the intangibles are still there, I'm in a nice comfortably sized house with a big TV and a multi-monitor home office, I don't care to be stuck behind goggles.

Also, it feels like a lot of the experience is already there, on a Friday night you will find my husband and me on the den sofa with our 65" TV with surround sound with our iPhones out half watching a dumb TV show and mostly playing on our iPads in a dark room, how is the Apple Vision an appreciably better experience for that? It seems worse.

I dunno, maybe if I had different living circumstances I would feel differently. Maybe it is because I have solved a lot of these problems that the Vision is trying to fix with just, putting screens where I want screens.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Roadie posted:

Synth Riders does that, with a "portal" that only turns into full immersion if you crank up the dial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nos7u4VqmRo

I feel like this is 100% making my point, that room looks depressing as gently caress and hard to imagine anyone living in that has $3,500 to blow on a VR headset.

Actually, I forgot about that being one of my biggest annoyances every time I use my Meta Quest 2, I have like furniture and poo poo, it's a struggle to set even a stationary space because I have a coffee table in the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVJPAYwY8Us

If anyone was wondering why this cost so much, jesus christ.