Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've watched a couple reviews and it seems like there are some cool uses for this, but it also has its fair share of issues. I can't afford one right now, but even if I could, I don't want one. I'll always prefer using a computer/phone in actual reality rather than having a bulky computer strapped to my head and using it in virtual reality. Though maybe in a few generations, if they've made substantial refinements, my opinion might change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6l8MFdTaPE

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Unboxed the headset and dove in for a little while. This thing is massively heavy and limiting, considering there needs to be a cable present for the battery pack. Did the initial setup, andddd

I'm whelmed. I see the vision (hehe) of what Apple is trying to do here and make the world come to you while you wear this thing. But everything seems so wonky. I should've expected that since this is a first-generation product. But for $3500, I expected this to be a more smooth ride. Making my persona was excellent, but what will I use it for? Much of the entertainment promised in the initial Apple Vision Pro conference still needs to arrive, and I'm not sure how patient everyone else will be. It's not Ready Player One cool yet. It can get there, but for now, I will wait. I may return this thing.
Nice to hear thoughts from someone who didn't get one for free from Apple. That's a shame, but yeah, it is a first-gen thing after all. Still, seems like the experience should be smoother considering it's a $3,500 piece of tech.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Shaocaholica posted:

Just got my optical inserts. So I’m moderately near sighted and I wear glasses for driving/walking/sports but I don’t need anything for computer/phone. I don’t have contacts. The Vision Pro was a bit blurry but totally useable except the pass thru was too blurry to read phone or computer or keyboard. With the inserts everything is clear and as good as it can be. I can finally read my phone and computer inside the AVP.
How do the optical inserts work? They can't just work for every prescription out of the box, can they? Or do you need to provide your prescription info when you order them?