Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's scary to think the ravens will have both mark andrews AND isiah likely together possibly as soon as the SB but at the very least next season

if they can keep their coaches from being poached they'll probably be SB favorites again next seasoln

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nodoze posted:

Simply run 2 TE sets
basically what philly did with ertz and goedert before ertz left

also 2TE was pretty much the Patriots offense for a decade

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i don't think stroud's rattled, playing to protect the football is what he's done all year, there's just no time for anything to develop downfield, no time to sit in the pocket, no time for anything

if i was a texans fan I'd prefer actually if stroud continued to throw the ball away and know that the game's kinda out of reach, then try to get aggressive and risk injury right at the end of their season

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

shotgun runs should not be this successful

Carillon posted:

All the talking heads I listen to have been talking up Stroud, how amazing he is. And the game he's been fine, but man what a difference between what I was told to expect and good actual performance.
he absolutely torched cleveland's very good defense last week

this is just an expected outcome of facing a near-historic defense

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm just happy stroud ends the game without getting a major injury or anything

tank dell getting hurt definitely impacted their offense even despite shredding cleveland last week

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BlindSite posted:

This is good experience for Stroud and the Texans. I know they failed to fire a shot today and Stroud was just ok, but it's good to see where that line is so early in your career I think.
yea i don't even think the texans need to change much offensively going into next season, getting tank dell back will help and really this game was just a matter of having to play a Team Of Destiny

if the texans played the bills or chiefs instead, they would have at least had a better shot of getting to the AFCCG (and then losing to the ravens there, of course)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Intruder posted:

they have several free agents they'll have to reup or replace

schultz and brown come to mind
maybe they bring in gesicki? his value tanked from having to play with mac jones and bailey zappe

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the only real change in the afc is what the colts will be like when AR is back and if he can stay healthy. steichen looks like a weirdo but he seems to be a good HC

also whether the change in attitude with oakland after antonio pierce took over, will actually translate into better football for a whole season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

and i would like the lions to reach the SB but goff is going to look like a huge moron against this defense unless his body becomes the vessel for an entirely different quarterback's soul