Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I didn't even know this was a debate. I've never been to a restaurant that did not put cheese on tacos!

However, it has fiercely divided the taco community:

https://elpollonorteno.net/do-tacos-have-cheese/

https://www.mashed.com/279158/you-should-never-add-cheese-to-an-authentic-taco-heres-why/

While many around the world enjoy cheese on their tacos, it is argued that cheese was never used on authentic Mexican tacos, and as such a real taco does not include cheese. Some "Foodies" also suggest that a taco is supposed to be made up of a small number of simple ingredients, so as to let their true flavors shine through. Cheese can overpower the rest of them!

What say you, goons? Does cheese belong on a taco?

pencilhands fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jan 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

cheese ‘em up

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm for it

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

why would i care what anyone eats. eat poo poo i dont care. do what makes you happy. maybe just dont eat children or puppies but everything else please feel free to chow down.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

flubber nuts posted:

why would i care what anyone eats. eat poo poo i dont care. do what makes you happy. maybe just dont eat children or puppies but everything else please feel free to chow down.

Taco Purists are maybe the worst kind of food snob.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

pjeenishands

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Nyan Bread posted:

pjeenishands

e-excuse me?

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Chinatown died so this gimp could post

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Cheese on tacos is obviously the right choice but no poll so rated a 2.
I also put olives on mine, what are you going to do about it?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Nyan Bread posted:

no, the mods banned chinatown so rereg guy could post, as he’s sadly the top line on the balance sheet these days. an impossible decision really, ban a beloved and historic poster or the lights go out for everyone. what would you have done i wonder, i really do.

pencilhands however works very hard to bring us these great topics, going so far as to stay in by himself and burn the midnight oil brainstorming after work on friday while the rest of us party and get blitzed out of our minds. thank you pencilhands, on behalf of all of us.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Cheese makes most things better, tacos are no different

Also food purists in general are weird. Let me put whatever I want into whatever I want in my own goddamn kitchen.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Nyan Bread posted:

:hmmyes:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Bad Purchase posted:

no, the mods banned chinatown so rereg guy could post, as he’s sadly the top line on the balance sheet these days. an impossible decision really, ban a beloved and historic poster or the lights go out for everyone. what would you have done i wonder, i really do.

pencilhands however works very hard to bring us these great topics, going so far as to stay in by himself and burn the midnight oil brainstorming after work on friday while the rest of us party and get blitzed out of our minds. thank you pencilhands, on behalf of all of us.

youre welcome

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

im going to eat cheese on my pizza.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

flubber nuts posted:

im going to eat cheese on my pizza.

an Italian will find you and destroy you, and rightfully so

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Froghammer posted:

Also food purists in general are weird. Let me put whatever I want into whatever I want in my own goddamn kitchen.

Keep in mind though that if its not made in Philadelphia with a bun from a certain bakery that was only baked on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, its not a real Philly Cheese steak.

Scientific fact.

Also what? Unban Chinatown you fuckmen!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

My cheese on taco preference is just a little, like a little bit of glue to hold the contents together.

Too much cheese can take over and dominate the taco.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Tacos without cheese? Who are those people and why do they hate flavor?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

taco website posted:

However, cheese is not a traditional ingredient in the original Mexican-style taco. It was only when tacos made their way to America that cheese became a common addition. So, technically speaking, Mexican tacos do not have cheese.

We beat Mexico fair and square and made it part of America so Ill put whatever the gently caress I want on my tacos.

Technically speaking, if Mexicans dont like it they should stop scrambling across the border by the thousands.

:911:

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I like crumbled cotija cheese on my tacos.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Poohs Packin posted:

We beat Mexico fair and square and made it part of America so Ill put whatever the gently caress I want on my tacos.

Technically speaking, if Mexicans dont like it they should stop scrambling across the border by the thousands.

:911:

Tacos with cheese is why they keep coming to America.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

who gives a poo poo, eat food how you like it op

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Cheese is ok but sour cream is better

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Tacos with cheese is why they keep coming to America.

Well its probably third down the list to Taking Our Jobs and Threatening White Christian Women

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Baja Blast isnt actually from Baja, which is a region with a rich and intricate history.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

as if goons would ever say no to cheese :smugdog:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
What is Oaxata cheese even for if I can't put it in a taco?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cheese good

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bean & Cheese Taco

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
no cheese on taco no sale

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

As a brown :ese: person whose blood type is 70% tacos and refried beans, who doesn’t put cheese on tacos? I mean, it’s authentic to do so.

Grey Cat posted:

I also put olives on mine, what are you going to do about it?

:same: when my mom makes tacos, toppings are olives, cheese, homemade red sauce, lettuce, and peas; yes, peas. Peas are great on tacos.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

i rest my case, op :chord:

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Treecko posted:

What is Oaxata cheese even for if I can't put it in a taco?

What do you call cheese that isn't yours? Nacho Cheese.

I bought my taco shells from Walmart with a Taco Bell brand sign stamped on them. Somehow cheese isn't the least authentic portion of my taco experience. Cheese, salsa, and guac are all good options for tacos.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
"Authentic" foodies support ethnic segregation, prove me wrong.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Quesabirra tacos are too decadent and wrong

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I just use sharp cheddar tbh

Queso Fresco? You mean dry cottage cheese?

They're both good toss it on.

1secondpersecond
Nov 12, 2008

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I like crumbled cotija cheese on my tacos.

This MF knows what's up. Crumbled cotija on tacos, melted oaxaca on flor de calabaza quesadillas.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

For real, though, next time you chow down on some tacos, try some peas on ‘em.

Or don’t if you’re not a peas person. Just enjoy dem tacos how you want :frogbon:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
When I get 'real' Mexican food, I just mix it all together and slap it in a tortilla anyway.

Beans and rice, chilli verde and all the pickled veggies you can give.

Chorizo queso also, gracias

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Weather permitting, I might go to Abarlardos for lunch tommarow.

Hit me up with your #2, extra jalapeños and a lime Jaritos