Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Authentic Mexican food generally doesn't include tacos or burritos so if you're chasing authenticity don't eat tacos or burritos in the first place OP

And hell yeah put cheese on those things when you do eat them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Das Boo posted:

"Authentic" foodies support ethnic segregation, prove me wrong.

People who idolize 'authentic' food are really weird to me because, I mean first of all food is generally improved over time by moving it away from its 'authentic' roots to include ingredients that weren't available for the traditional authentic style, because traditional authentic regional foods were just slapped together with what was readily available instead of what would taste the best. Like, truly authentic traditional tacos are random leftover animal organs rolled up in tortillas, as opposed to meat and fresh veggies and cheese, and there's no denying that modern tacos and burritos are better than that. But also because of what you said and because like 90% of people who only want to eat "authentic" food aren't even of the culture that they're borrowing the idea of "authenticity" from and their definition of "authentic" is strictly "a brown person made it for me". And especially when it comes to mexican food when white people go to those little bomb hole in the wall taquerias they usually order off the gringo menu anyway instead of ordering the truly authentic traditional dishes like lingua tacos or menudo. Hell they usually don't even order pozole and pozole fuckin' owns.

Idolizing authentic regional foods is no different from going all-in on otaku anime fandom.

That being said I've eaten at taco shops in the middle of Michigan and those people should be legally banned from making tacos. Ground-beef-in-hotsauce-rear end vegetable medley with mashed avocado bullshit.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 21, 2024

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

good food is good food no matter where it came from :hai:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

dreezy posted:

so where do deep fried sushi rolls fall in this discussion

They're Crunchyroll

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Chili Mac is the superior way to eat chili