Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

im usually pretty attentive to traditional combinations and flavour themes of foods i eat and prepare a lot of, depending on the proximity of the cuisine to me. italian food is my heritage, so i cook it fairly close to my family's (abruzzese mountain food). i was married to a lao woman for a while who was first generation so i also picked up a lot of SE asian cuisine. + around here we have a gently caress ton of south asian and levantine immigrants so there are a lot of little grocers which sell high quality ingredients for those cuisines and i've tried my hand at incorporating a few dishes from those styles.

mexico is a long way away tho and we have very few mexican immigrants here. the selection is dismal. i dont know that ive ever had good mexican food in my life lol. cheese on a taco is ftw. ground beef? yeah sure who gives a poo poo. we do "taco day" white as hell in my house where we put sour cream, beef, lettuce, jar salsa and some shredded cheese on at the table and call it a day

hell, i'll put pecorino on a taco :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

I'll put mushrooms in with the ground beef when making tacos sometimes.

Is this sacrilege?

fuuuuuck thats a good rear end idea bro. kinda like a fine dice like duxelles could be hella good in there. my nana did a timballo with mushroom and ground veal/lamb that was loving bomb, kinda the same idea

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

tellin y'all huitlacoche, it's even authentic vs. some other mushroom

poo poo you can even just make huitlacoche tacos

unfrotunately there's about a 0% chance i can find that poo poo around here. i can get abruzzese truffles tho lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Treecko posted:

You can get canned corn smut in even the whitest grocery.

I go to La Tapatia when I need 'authentic' ingredients.

Good prices too!

no i cant