Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

taco website posted:

However, cheese is not a traditional ingredient in the original Mexican-style taco. It was only when tacos made their way to America that cheese became a common addition. So, technically speaking, Mexican tacos do not have cheese.

We beat Mexico fair and square and made it part of America so Ill put whatever the gently caress I want on my tacos.

Technically speaking, if Mexicans dont like it they should stop scrambling across the border by the thousands.

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Tacos with cheese is why they keep coming to America.

Well its probably third down the list to Taking Our Jobs and Threatening White Christian Women

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Baja Blast isnt actually from Baja, which is a region with a rich and intricate history.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Im a Crunchwrap Supremacist

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The only chili that cant have beans is detroit style coney island chili or skyline chili. Theyre sort of their own things though.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Treecko posted:

Oh that's an easy fix you just replace the beans with an equal amount of cinnamon.

It's OK, I wouldn't turn it away, but it's not my first choice.

Cincinnati is a weird place and deserves its weird food

Where I would sit down ans enjoy a hot bowl of bean containing chili, I would never just have skyline chili or coney chili on its own unless my goal was to violently poo poo myself. Theyre condiments, not a food to be eaten alone.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Actual chefs think these kinds of articles are absolute bullshit. Unfortunately people have received tons of negative press over cooking the wrong stuff.

There was the "Clean Chinese Food" lady in NY who got international negative attention for daring to cook healthier versions of takeaway favorites. They lasted less than a year. They even apologized but the damage was already done.

As if the restaurant business wasnt fraught with enough risk, chefs have to now consider if they are the correct race to cook their menu lest the NYT bring the ban hammer down.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Hi I habla espanol and your food opinions are making me embarazada

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Anyone that has strong opinions on what other people eat and isnt lazily poo poo posting is a gigantic power dork.

I have strong opinions that you should gargle my balls with malt vinegar.

:justpost:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

wesleywillis posted:

Fuckin chinese food is woke now too?

I get that a white lady spruiking "clean" chinese food can rub people the wrong way but going after the business and brigading yelp reviews is bananas.

People were saying that they found bugs in the food and became violently ill and giving one star because of articles they read.

In conclusion im no longer working in restaurants.

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 22, 2024

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I got out while I still loved it and the next career move wouldve been either Exec at fine dining or open own casual place. Neither seemed like a good idea for my health or marriage.

Ive got life long friends and tons of great memories. I also was wildly underpaid and overworked and often subject to straight up abusive practices though.

(Cheese goes on tacos unless you dont want to)

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Putting a little shredded cheese on the plancha so it melts into the tortilla and gets crispy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Pork Whispers (they're "wet")