Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I didn't even know this was a debate. I've never been to a restaurant that did not put cheese on tacos!

However, it has fiercely divided the taco community:

https://elpollonorteno.net/do-tacos-have-cheese/

https://www.mashed.com/279158/you-should-never-add-cheese-to-an-authentic-taco-heres-why/

While many around the world enjoy cheese on their tacos, it is argued that cheese was never used on authentic Mexican tacos, and as such a real taco does not include cheese. Some "Foodies" also suggest that a taco is supposed to be made up of a small number of simple ingredients, so as to let their true flavors shine through. Cheese can overpower the rest of them!

What say you, goons? Does cheese belong on a taco?

pencilhands fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jan 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Nyan Bread posted:

pjeenishands

e-excuse me?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Bad Purchase posted:

no, the mods banned chinatown so rereg guy could post, as he’s sadly the top line on the balance sheet these days. an impossible decision really, ban a beloved and historic poster or the lights go out for everyone. what would you have done i wonder, i really do.

pencilhands however works very hard to bring us these great topics, going so far as to stay in by himself and burn the midnight oil brainstorming after work on friday while the rest of us party and get blitzed out of our minds. thank you pencilhands, on behalf of all of us.

youre welcome

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

god i am a fat disgusting slovenly man

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Treecko posted:

Lingua and cebaza own but miss me with the tripe.

They keep trying to say it tastes like whatever you marinate it in, but I know it's stomach lining, you can't fool me

Mole is so good.

ive had tripe at puerto rican restaurants and it was good as gently caress

then i had it at a japanese restaurant and it was weird and gross

so maybe its in the preparation

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Smugworth posted:

Epic thread PH, well done

ty

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

i worked for like 7 years front of house in restaurants and i cant imagine ever going back

people are horrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

TrashMammal posted:

never thought i’d say this, but pencilhands is right :haibrow:

thank you