Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
We got to the championship in Baltimore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
But if you really think about it, this is a failure of John Harbaugh and the Ravens are going to risk their undefeated streak in the Super Bowl.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Baltimore's long national nightmare of not being in the afccg is over. im glad everyone is ready for the ravens to break their superbowl dry spell

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Gatts posted:

But if you really think about it, this is a failure of John Harbaugh and the Ravens are going to risk their undefeated streak in the Super Bowl.

I dont like it. But Lamar deserves the chance even if the record falls.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I, as a Niners fan, continue to be scared shitless of Baltimore.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Tayter Swift posted:

I, as a Niners fan, continue to be scared shitless of Baltimore.

Why? Just run McCaffery. I even said last week the texans were a good matchup cause they cant get us on the ground

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Ghost Dog posted:

Baltimore's long national nightmare of not being in the afccg is over. im glad everyone is ready for the ravens to break their superbowl dry spell

I'm still holding out hope for a Ravens/Lions Super Bowl. Long suffering underdog vs the Lions is a helluva match up.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Great halftime adjustments. Ravens O wasn’t firing on all cylinders but got the job done. Lamar is great.

Great job by the Texans getting 3 sacks in a half and keeping the game tied, but you just weren’t in the same class.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
First Half:

Mega64 posted:

gently caress it I'm going to say it

Lamar Jackson is the AFC Dak Prescott.

Second Half:

Mega64 posted:

Lamar looked dominant that second half. The rest of the teams left have a lot to prepare for!

A good day.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

First Half:

Second Half:

A good day.

https://twitter.com/UrinatingTree/status/1748867639546396810

kawalimus is the spirit animal of the ravens fanbase

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Q_res posted:

I'm still holding out hope for a Ravens/Lions Super Bowl. Long suffering underdog vs the Lions is a helluva match up.

:hai:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

First Half:

Second Half:

A good day.

Lamar Jackson proved me wrong by making a CCG.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there's not really anything about lamar's game that is like dak's

he's closer to randall cunningham though i haven't seen lamar punt yet

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The 7th Guest posted:

there's not really anything about lamar's game that is like dak's

he's closer to randall cunningham though i haven't seen lamar punt yet

he was comparing their post season success/lack of success

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Mega64 posted:

Lamar Jackson proved me wrong by making a CCG.

It better be called The Entire Deck

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ravens/status/1748876190843121747?s=46

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

https://streamable.com/j7iwdp

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I dont like it. But Lamar deserves the chance even if the record falls.

Imagine living in constant terror that your team might actually reach the Super Bowl because it means they could lose some record that nobody even knows or cares about

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Harbaugh rules

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Please stop feeding him - he goes back to the AFCN thread forever if you do.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Docjowles posted:

Imagine living in constant terror that your team might actually reach the Super Bowl because it means they could lose some record that nobody even knows or cares about

If we're 3-0 people will care.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Kawalimus posted:

If we're 3-0 people will care.

No, it'll still just be you.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Q_res posted:

No, it'll still just be you.

People cared when the 49ers were 5-0. 3 SB wins especially at 3-0 will give the Ravens premier franchise status.

A valuable win against GB, TB, or DET would be even better. SF less so but acceptable.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I was rooting for the Texans on the off-chance the Bills don't poo poo the bed tomorrow, but they simply weren't in the same class as the Ravens. Amazing season for them and they're going to be perennial contenders for as long as Stroud is under center.

The Super Bowl truly does go through Baltimore this year...

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I was rooting for the Texans on the off-chance the Bills don't poo poo the bed tomorrow, but they simply weren't in the same class as the Ravens. Amazing season for them and they're going to be perennial contenders for as long as Stroud is under center.

This is 100% my thought as well.

For what it’s worth, Bills are the team I’m rooting for the most to win the Super Bowl. Is there room on the bandwagon for three weeks?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

patriots fans: i've seen my team do the cinderella run and i'm asking for some tips on a different kind of season. how do i cope with the pressure that my team kicks too much rear end? they gotta win it all this year or it's basically a collapse. looking for some tips/emotional support. thank you.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

A valuable win against GB, TB, or DET would be even better. SF less so but acceptable.

I... uh.. probably shouldn't ask this, but why? Just because the Ravens have already beaten SF in a Super Bowl and not those other teams?

Since just about everyone recognizes the Ravens and Niners to be the two best teams this year I would think most normal people would think beating the Niners would be the more prestigious win, as well as beating (once again) one of the premier name brand multi SB winning franchises in the league. Compared with if the Niners got knocked out earlier and the Ravens won a SB against what would be considered lesser competition.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Also that has to be the most pressure Ive ever seen put on a QB without getting a single sack. Credit to Stroud for eluding the rush every single time. He did ground it the one time though

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Zwabu posted:

I... uh.. probably shouldn't ask this, but why? Just because the Ravens have already beaten SF in a Super Bowl and not those other teams?

Since just about everyone recognizes the Ravens and Niners to be the two best teams this year I would think most normal people would think beating the Niners would be the more prestigious win, as well as beating (once again) one of the premier name brand multi SB winning franchises in the league. Compared with if the Niners got knocked out earlier and the Ravens won a SB against what would be considered lesser competition.

Its a great win on that level but both previous Ravens wins were against teams that had never lost in the SB before. DET would be an especially rare SB win and we would be the only AFC team to ever beat them twice in one year. I guess the SF game would have that going for it too.

I also think a loss vs SF is fairly certain

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

mightygerm posted:

It better be called The Entire Deck

lmao

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

Its a great win on that level but both previous Ravens wins were against teams that had never lost in the SB before. DET would be an especially rare SB win and we would be the only AFC team to ever beat them twice in one year. I guess the SF game would have that going for it too.

I also think a loss vs SF is fairly certain

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

I personally like it when the team I like (the ravens) wins games and think it would be cool if they made it to the Super Bowl. Sorry if that offends.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

technically speaking you lose the super bowl every year that you don't win the super bowl

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i want the ravens to get there And win it. ur thing is cool too tho

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Ghost Dog posted:

i want the ravens to get there And win it. ur thing is cool too tho

that would be cool too but the second best outcome is making the Super Bowl at all!!

I don’t care if they are undefeated in the Super Bowl that’s not a real record

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Superbowl losses are not good and teams that lose the SB usually do not make it back.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus posted:

Superbowl losses are not good and teams that lose the SB usually do not make it back.

Most teams don’t make it back, hth

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im gonna have to agree with the big K dog, its good to win the Superbowl

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Kawalimus posted:

So you don't want them to make the Super Bowl...

Because if they do, it might mean they don't make the Super Bowl in the future...

Kawa, I promise you, no one in the entire Ravens organization cares about a *-0 all-time Super Bowl record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

kalensc posted:

So you don't want them to make the Super Bowl...

Because if they do, it might mean they don't make the Super Bowl in the future...

Kawa, I promise you, no one in the entire Ravens organization cares about a *-0 all-time Super Bowl record.

I do want them to make the SB even if its a probable loss. I just hate that it has to happen