Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Better the surety of losing every game than the chance of winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
We've already beaten Detroit and SF so clearly we would have no chance against either

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Despera posted:

We've already beaten Detroit and SF so clearly would have no chance against either

The issue against SF is McCaffery. If they give us a steady diet of him unlike game 1 we are screwed.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Kawalimus posted:

DET would be an especially rare SB win

Super Bowl wins aren't Pokemon cards...

:wtc:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Always fun to watch playoff posters encounter Kawalimus for the first time

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Q_res posted:

lmao

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ghost Dog posted:

im gonna have to agree with the big K dog, its good to win the Superbowl

It's a hot take, but he's right.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Q_res posted:

Aren't they though? You know, when you think about it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

gently caress yes. Just got an SSS+ superbowl gatcha win. AND its the alternate costume that some considered to be risque.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Q_res posted:

Correct. They are Lombardi Trophies, Rings, and HoF tickets for borderline players.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Freaquency posted:

Always fun to watch playoff posters encounter Kawalimus for the first time

Oh it's far from the first time I've encountered Kawa. I'm just endlessly fascinated by whatever is going on upstairs...

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Winning the superbowl is good

Rockwell.jpg

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

A+ season for Houston, real promise after years of what the gently caress

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

A+ season for Houston, real promise after years of what the gently caress

Once Tank Dell is back and they either get another receiver or MLB they'll be scary. Although I'm not sure what Texans fans consider their draft priority to be at this point.

I know for the Ravens (for me) I'm looking at tackle/guard, DT/DE. can never draft enough corners and i wouldn't be mad at getting another wideout

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man, Gronkowski in his playing days was more than enough. This new gig plus the commercials, a bit much of that doofus.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Aren't there a whole bunch of teams that went 2-0 or 3-0 in the Superbowl before losing? Packers must have done it before the elway game

Grats to the Texans though, going from 2nd pick in the draft (via a miracle 4th and 30 throw to not pick first) to a playoff win in one drat season is incredible

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Q_res posted:

Oh it's far from the first time I've encountered Kawa. I'm just endlessly fascinated by whatever is going on upstairs...

the closer they get to another SB win, the more the cover starts to slip that this obsessive fatalism is really just an elaborate superstitious activity in service of his fandom

one that apparently needs the participation of an entire football forum witnessing increasingly deranged logic for why this very successful franchise is perpetually on the precipice of doom

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Kawalimus posted:

People cared when the 49ers were 5-0. 3 SB wins especially at 3-0 will give the Ravens premier franchise status.

A valuable win against GB, TB, or DET would be even better. SF less so but acceptable.

Nobody gives a poo poo which team they beat to win the goddamn Superbowl you loving nerd

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pulling a 5-star Super Bowl Victory

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo which team they beat to win the goddamn Superbowl you loving nerd

I've seen Giants fans even on here say the are still bitter about their one SB loss.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Actually if the ravens win against the lions there's a good chance they get cursed by the racist ghost of Henry Ford

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

I've seen Giants fans even on here say the are still bitter about their one SB loss.

Being bitter about a Superbowl loss isn't the same as worrying or giving a poo poo about which team you beat to win a Superbowl.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Parallax posted:

Actually if the ravens win against the lions there's a good chance they get cursed by the racist ghost of Henry Ford

We'll just have to find another cursebreaker. Like Shannon Sharpe broke the Art Modell curse before it could truly damage us :D

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

Being bitter about a Superbowl loss isn't the same as worrying or giving a poo poo about which team you beat to win a Superbowl.

They said they wanted to beat the Ravens to "right that wrong".

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

They said they wanted to beat the Ravens to "right that wrong".

Cool but the post I quoted isn't about that

"valuable wins"

Winning the Superbowl is all that matters, nobody sane cares about which team they actually beat to get that Lombardi

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

Cool but the post I quoted isn't about that

It shows the Ravens are an increasing value as a SB win themselves. And 3-0 will make us a marked team and increase the stakes. But 2-1 our value drops to average.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Parallax posted:

ravens/lions is my ideal superbowl cause if the lions win, i will actually be really happy for them.

if the ravens don't make it, bills/lions is the only appropriate superbowl

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

It shows the Ravens are an increasing value as a SB win themselves. And 3-0 will make us a marked team and increase the stakes. But 2-1 our value drops to average.

you got your attention already, shut the gently caress up about this dumbass nonsense

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I won't be happy for the Lions if they beat us. gently caress em.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

you got your attention already, shut the gently caress up about this dumbass nonsense

I'll talk about what I want to.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

So you're "concern posting" about the literal dollar value placed on the Ravens as a franchise? Like those articles that always have the Cowboys at the top?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Sunshine posted:

So you're "concern posting" about the literal dollar value placed on the Ravens as a franchise? Like those articles that always have the Cowboys at the top?

he's on some twitter/reddit style poo poo and his sole goal is just to get attention

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

not wanting to make the superbowl because it might screw up your record in them is wild

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

It's an honor value. And it's just how I see it. I like the idea of it. So that's why I value it. And the Cowboys weren't always where they are. I like it cause I've been with the Ravens since their early days so I like the idea that I've seen almost all the team's history. So it means something to me when they build their legacy.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

he's on some twitter/reddit style poo poo and his sole goal is just to get attention

I'll say what I say whether it's ignored or whether everyone cares. I don't mind being ignored.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Note to self: excessive bird watching must cause the brain to turn into soup, don't ever take up that hobby.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
According to the post game pressers Lamar Jackson said swear words all halftime until the offense was good again. MVP leadership.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

According to the post game pressers Lamar Jackson said swear words all halftime until the offense was good again. MVP leadership.

We really need to run more plays to Likely. The dude is great running with the ball and also makes some great catches. I don't get why he's not our offensive focal point with Andrews out.

Some team that signs him when his rookie deal expires is going to hit the jackpot and he'll be a probowler.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

he was yelling at guys all during the first half. he yelled at stanley for missing a block

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Kawalmus I say this with all sincerity, bite me.

I hope the Ravens never win more than three games a season for the next century and that your entitled, whiny rear end learns some humility.

There are fans who have never seen a SB win and worrying that an upcoming SB win isn't unique enough is disgusting.