Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Darth Brooks posted:

Kawalmus I say this with all sincerity, bite me.

I hope the Ravens never win more than three games a season for the next century and that your entitled, whiny rear end learns some humility.

There are fans who have never seen a SB win and worrying that an upcoming SB win isn't unique enough is disgusting.

Don’t punish the rest of us just because he’s a psycho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the ravens being undefeated in the sb could be what's keeping any of us alive

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Wanting your team to win cool Superbowls

A disgusting act!

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

its not the ravens fault that other teams are bad

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It's the being upset that your SB win isn't cool enough that deserves a reality check.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

I won't be happy for the Lions if they beat us. gently caress em.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Totally agree with Kawalimus, losing the Super Bowl SUCKS, it is better to have just lost earlier in the playoffs. And there’s nothing wrong with caring about your teams honor value, I often think about how awesome it is that Mahomes is 2-1 in SBs already and then get mad at how much more awesome 3-0 would be. It’s fun to stack medals and trophies and accolades, or at least watch it as a fan. Everything matters, and sports are zero sum in all sense. I don’t want Lamar to get a ring because it dilutes Mahomes rings. I truly believe this.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I was at the game so it's hard to really have a good idea of what was happening, I was screaming my head off for most of it and trying not to freeze. Can't wait to go back and watch the broadcast of it.

My impression was that the the Texans were blitzing Lamar hard in the first half and they weren't handling it super well. In the second half they knew it was coming and had a good plan.

The defense allowed a FG and that's it. To the extent that the Texans tried to run, they were denied. Stroud had a few nice escapes but was running from rushers for a good chunk of the day. That being said I didn't feel super comfy until the Ravens had a multiple score lead - Stroud seemed capable of getting back into it. He's good.

not sure how much it came across on TV but the crowd was extremely loud. just a different energy today. and Jimmy Eat World played Bleed American, Sweetness and The Middle and did a great job considering how frigid it was

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Pron on VHS posted:

Mad gibberings.

Look at this sociopath. Some people actually experience sports this way...

...and they're called real fans. I salute you sir.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

San Fran Frisky 6 and 9ers

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i'm worried that the ravens inevitable 3rd super bowl win will be cheapened by how bad all the other teams are

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

contrary to Kawalimus I think the Ravens put Purdy in hell again if they meet in the Super Bowl

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
FIRE CARLSON INTO THE SUN

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Purdy is complete garbage

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
How in the unholy gently caress did we survive th
oh

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Favre lives

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

https://x.com/depresseddetn/status/1748922965176053990?s=61&t=MWDyiwlGSGaCVp4-ftsiTw

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
For anyone questioning the Ravens status as the NFL's good guys

https://twitter.com/JaxxDynamite/status/1748856434727719367?t=5CDr9zLpKikVR2_SwxecTA&s=19

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I wonder how Brock Purdy is going to handle, mentally, losing to the Ravens in the Super Bowl -- by a lot of points

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Dammit you made me root for the GREEN BAY PACKERS and what do I get? That horrible kicker choke job.

I feel so… dirty.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

and bro behind him is psyched

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Purdy sure his name is...Jordan Lose

Good game, Packers fans.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

The337th posted:

the closer they get to another SB win, the more the cover starts to slip that this obsessive fatalism is really just an elaborate superstitious activity in service of his fandom

one that apparently needs the participation of an entire football forum witnessing increasingly deranged logic for why this very successful franchise is perpetually on the precipice of doom

I agree, Kawalimus is an excellent person and memorable poster and connoisseur of birds.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I was dying inside for basically that entire game until there were about 62 seconds left. Please play better next week Niners. Please get healthy Deebo.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I went so loving crazy, I called up all my friends and my dad. Thank you favre :unsmith:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So in exchange for amazing QB play Green Bay gets to fun it up a little

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Barudak posted:

So in exchange for amazing QB play Green Bay gets to fun it up a little

Its honestly worth it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FizFashizzle posted:

Purdy is complete garbage

You have Bryce Young. You are not allowed to throw stones at any other QB.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

That was a horrendous choke job by the Packers. And not in the "oh god we blew it in one sequence" type of choke, I mean the slow kind where every missed INT, failed QB sneak, and settling for FGs in the red zone slowly tightens around their neck and turns what should have been a blowout into another crushing close loss against the Niners yet again.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You have Bryce Young.

I mean Bryce Young performed pretty well against the packers D

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

They honored their Legend, the Guy Who Punched His Wife Out (on Camera).

Ravens' roster may have a bunch of dandy people but the org as a whole can get hosed.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Purdy played like absolute garbage today though. He was oddly flat-footed in the pocket for so many possessions and missed on all of those throws

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I think the Ravens are gonna win the Super Bowl

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Purdy did not play well, but Shanahan called an even worse game. Especially the end of that first half.

49ers fans have to feel like they escaped disaster.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Purdy did not play well, but Shanahan called an even worse game. Especially the end of that first half.

49ers fans have to feel like they escaped disaster.

I 100% feel this way, I'm shocked their season is still alive, but hell NFC championship game let's go

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

AndrewP posted:

gotta fit a few more in before the least motivated case of ALS of all time finally finishes off the source of the ravens power

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
For the conditions I thought Purdy played okay. I'll take okay over throwing 2 picks, like Love did.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Coldforge posted:

For the conditions I thought Purdy played okay. I'll take okay over throwing 2 picks, like Love did.

Purdy threw like 4 picks but was lucky the Packers secondary is garbage

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Weird as poo poo game, Packers lost more than Niners won so for my expectations for the season it was a good one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

AndrewP posted:

i am not seeing a single nfc team that can beat them at this point