Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Coldforge posted:

For the conditions I thought Purdy played okay. I'll take okay over throwing 2 picks, like Love did.

Also his receivers are hardly free from sin. What in the Good Lord's name was that drop, Kittle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was very tense and heart poudning as hell for the whole game. Aaron Jones was just gnashing this offense.

I'm hoping that shaked the 49ers rust off a bit.

Also

RUN THE loving BALL AND YOU GET REWARDED.

CMC IS HIM

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ghost Dog posted:

gotta fit a few more in before the least motivated case of ALS of all time finally finishes off the source of the ravens power

:captainpop:

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I can't imagine any team being fewer than 7 point underdogs against the Ravens the rest of the way.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Life is suffering

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Well, it wasn't pretty, but that win makes it four times in seven seasons under Kyle Shanahan that the Niners have made the final four. All without ever having a QB most people would even consider good, let alone a star. All of the myriad frustrations about overly conservative game management and other things kind of seem pretty minor considering those results.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

razorscooter posted:

i am not seeing a single nfc team that can beat them at this point

yep. the ravens defense is just too good. the offense just has too many options.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.
If the Ravens lose this ~ or any superbowl ever ~ I’ll mentally downgrade them to a team I barely remember exists.

Kidding of course, this is great the case and I’m surprised to remember they’ve even won one since I have watched them all since 1990.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m glad Green Bay lost

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Guido Merkens posted:

If the Ravens lose this ~ or any superbowl ever ~ I’ll mentally downgrade them to a team I barely remember exists.

Kidding of course, this is great the case and I’m surprised to remember they’ve even won one since I have watched them all since 1990.

they have won two, famously

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
i dont understand how folks can hate the team they're a fan of. what are you doing. gah

why watch football if it just makes you mad?? that's not healthy !!

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Victorious Radia posted:

i dont understand how folks can hate the team they're a fan of. what are you doing. gah

have you considered screaming and breaking at least one piece of personal property when a bad play happens

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

razorscooter posted:

have you considered screaming and breaking at least one piece of personal property when a bad play happens

n.. no :negative:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Victorious Radia posted:

It's tradition damnit

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

disgusting. come back to this forum when you have drywall repair guys on speed dial.

also that was a wild game and green bay will be scary as hell if they can add more to that team

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Victorious Radia posted:

I see you are unfamiliar with the New York Jets

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

razorscooter posted:

also that was a wild game and green bay will be scary as hell if they can add more to that team
They also have the youngest roster in the league by average age, so they could be around for a bit

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Victorious Radia posted:

gently caress else is there to do in this mortal coil?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Those extra two days rest and preparation will have nothing to do with the chiefs win tomorrow

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Despera posted:

gently caress else is there to do in this mortal coil?

experience joy. embrace a loved one. play Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the smoothest drat TD catch you ever did see

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1748855347333263655#m

btw this is a Greg Roman play design that they kept, usually it's to Andrews

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

When the image is new, the world is new.
Green Bay’s second best receiver tonight was Ambry Thomas. That game was agony. I felt some relief when Dre got the pick to seal it, but not joy. Weird feelings. But hey, Niners win. Looking forward to actually enjoying tomorrow’s games!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ1QQbIzpRg

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

AndrewP posted:

the smoothest drat TD catch you ever did see

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1748855347333263655#m

btw this is a Greg Roman play design that they kept, usually it's to Andrews

God the Ravens are so cool

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I died a thousand deaths when Thomas gave up a 41 yard PI on 3rd and 15

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

razorscooter posted:

disgusting. come back to this forum when you have drywall repair guys on speed dial.

Look it this guy. Doesn't keep spare drywall around.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
So from the sound of it lions have a very decent chance of beating 49ers if they struggled that hard tonight. Legit a ravens lions Superbowl may go heavy ravens but it would be amazing to get there for the first time in history

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

UCS Hellmaker posted:

So from the sound of it lions have a very decent chance of beating 49ers if they struggled that hard tonight. Legit a ravens lions Superbowl may go heavy ravens but it would be amazing to get there for the first time in history

The 9ers are probably a bit better team outside of a monsoon (and if they abuse CMC and just run him into the ground, which they very frustratingly didn't most of the night), but yeah I don't feel like the Lions are huge super dogs in that potential matchup.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I liked it when Greenlaw secured the W then tried to unsecure it by running around like my dog does when he gets a sock

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

razorscooter posted:

I have a packer fan friend who used to get this level of mad when they lost. He was notorious for going full Hulk Smash. And this was during peak ARod when they were very good! Thankfully he’s mellowed out

Just to be clear I am not talking about domestic violence at all, just like, plates on wall violence

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

The 9ers are probably a bit better team outside of a monsoon (and if they abuse CMC and just run him into the ground, which they very frustratingly didn't most of the night), but yeah I don't feel like the Lions are huge super dogs in that potential matchup.

Gonna be competitive at least. Huge hinge point on Deebo's injury, 49ers are so much better with him on the field.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Football gives me the most extreme swings of emotion out of any sport by a wide margin and I’m pretty mellow usually so I can kinda see how so many football fans get/are psycho. It’s a wild rear end game with such seemingly inexplicable happenings during much of it.. especially in the playoffs.

Purdy had a bad game but he got it done in that final drive so that’s a positive. Hopefully Deebo is alright. I think niners will be much better next game but yea that was a mess. I did not feel like they were winning for majority of that game.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

Well, it wasn't pretty, but that win makes it four times in seven seasons under Kyle Shanahan that the Niners have made the final four. All without ever having a QB most people would even consider good, let alone a star. All of the myriad frustrations about overly conservative game management and other things kind of seem pretty minor considering those results.

Definitely, it's like college hoops, if you make the final 4 that's something people remember

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
CJ Stroud is Him and very fun to watch. GZ Texans fans. Lamar also owns!

49ers got lucky and Packers look like theyre right back to being contenders.

Mods make kawa mod if the ravens win

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Frankly this round of the playoffs has just restocked the MVP debate because it is impossible to tell who is better between Lamar and Brock. Academics scratch their heads in befuddlement…

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Pron on VHS posted:

Totally agree with Kawalimus, losing the Super Bowl SUCKS, it is better to have just lost earlier in the playoffs. And there’s nothing wrong with caring about your teams honor value, I often think about how awesome it is that Mahomes is 2-1 in SBs already and then get mad at how much more awesome 3-0 would be. It’s fun to stack medals and trophies and accolades, or at least watch it as a fan. Everything matters, and sports are zero sum in all sense. I don’t want Lamar to get a ring because it dilutes Mahomes rings. I truly believe this.

It sucks but you get used to losing Super Bowls when your team is 6-5 in them

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

kalensc posted:

I agree, Kawalimus is an excellent person and memorable poster and connoisseur of birds.

birds suck

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
God drat it...Detroit now our only hoopoe

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Definitely, it's like college hoops, if you make the final 4 that's something people remember

:shrug: 31 teams end up unhappy every year. Like yeah obviously you want to win the whole thing, but I'm happy with a coach/front office that's consistently getting us as many bites at the apple as possible. Not really eager to throw the baby out with the bathwater and go back to the days of Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Frankly this round of the playoffs has just restocked the MVP debate because it is impossible to tell who is better between Lamar and Brock. Academics scratch their heads in befuddlement…

Jokes aside, since this comes up every year, voting for MVP and all the other awards was done the week between the end of the regular season and the Wild Card games, so everything since then has zero impact. The league just waits now to announce it at their awards show before the Super Bowl.