Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

A valuable win against GB, TB, or DET would be even better. SF less so but acceptable.

I... uh.. probably shouldn't ask this, but why? Just because the Ravens have already beaten SF in a Super Bowl and not those other teams?

Since just about everyone recognizes the Ravens and Niners to be the two best teams this year I would think most normal people would think beating the Niners would be the more prestigious win, as well as beating (once again) one of the premier name brand multi SB winning franchises in the league. Compared with if the Niners got knocked out earlier and the Ravens won a SB against what would be considered lesser competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

Its a great win on that level but both previous Ravens wins were against teams that had never lost in the SB before. DET would be an especially rare SB win and we would be the only AFC team to ever beat them twice in one year. I guess the SF game would have that going for it too.

I also think a loss vs SF is fairly certain

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Dammit you made me root for the GREEN BAY PACKERS and what do I get? That horrible kicker choke job.

I feel so… dirty.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

What if we had another poster who posted in the exact same sperglord style as Kawa but in support of some other team, like, say, the Chiefs or Packers.

Would that destroy all matter in the universe?