Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
We got to the championship in Baltimore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Gatts posted:

But if you really think about it, this is a failure of John Harbaugh and the Ravens are going to risk their undefeated streak in the Super Bowl.

I dont like it. But Lamar deserves the chance even if the record falls.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Tayter Swift posted:

I, as a Niners fan, continue to be scared shitless of Baltimore.

Why? Just run McCaffery. I even said last week the texans were a good matchup cause they cant get us on the ground

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Docjowles posted:

Imagine living in constant terror that your team might actually reach the Super Bowl because it means they could lose some record that nobody even knows or cares about

If we're 3-0 people will care.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Q_res posted:

No, it'll still just be you.

People cared when the 49ers were 5-0. 3 SB wins especially at 3-0 will give the Ravens premier franchise status.

A valuable win against GB, TB, or DET would be even better. SF less so but acceptable.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Also that has to be the most pressure Ive ever seen put on a QB without getting a single sack. Credit to Stroud for eluding the rush every single time. He did ground it the one time though

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Zwabu posted:

I... uh.. probably shouldn't ask this, but why? Just because the Ravens have already beaten SF in a Super Bowl and not those other teams?

Since just about everyone recognizes the Ravens and Niners to be the two best teams this year I would think most normal people would think beating the Niners would be the more prestigious win, as well as beating (once again) one of the premier name brand multi SB winning franchises in the league. Compared with if the Niners got knocked out earlier and the Ravens won a SB against what would be considered lesser competition.

Its a great win on that level but both previous Ravens wins were against teams that had never lost in the SB before. DET would be an especially rare SB win and we would be the only AFC team to ever beat them twice in one year. I guess the SF game would have that going for it too.

I also think a loss vs SF is fairly certain

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Superbowl losses are not good and teams that lose the SB usually do not make it back.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

kalensc posted:

So you don't want them to make the Super Bowl...

Because if they do, it might mean they don't make the Super Bowl in the future...

Kawa, I promise you, no one in the entire Ravens organization cares about a *-0 all-time Super Bowl record.

I do want them to make the SB even if its a probable loss. I just hate that it has to happen

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

We've already beaten Detroit and SF so clearly would have no chance against either

The issue against SF is McCaffery. If they give us a steady diet of him unlike game 1 we are screwed.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Q_res posted:

Super Bowl wins aren't Pokemon cards...

:wtc:

Correct. They are Lombardi Trophies, Rings, and HoF tickets for borderline players.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo which team they beat to win the goddamn Superbowl you loving nerd

I've seen Giants fans even on here say the are still bitter about their one SB loss.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Parallax posted:

Actually if the ravens win against the lions there's a good chance they get cursed by the racist ghost of Henry Ford

We'll just have to find another cursebreaker. Like Shannon Sharpe broke the Art Modell curse before it could truly damage us :D

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

Being bitter about a Superbowl loss isn't the same as worrying or giving a poo poo about which team you beat to win a Superbowl.

They said they wanted to beat the Ravens to "right that wrong".

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

Cool but the post I quoted isn't about that

It shows the Ravens are an increasing value as a SB win themselves. And 3-0 will make us a marked team and increase the stakes. But 2-1 our value drops to average.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I won't be happy for the Lions if they beat us. gently caress em.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

you got your attention already, shut the gently caress up about this dumbass nonsense

I'll talk about what I want to.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

So you're "concern posting" about the literal dollar value placed on the Ravens as a franchise? Like those articles that always have the Cowboys at the top?

It's an honor value. And it's just how I see it. I like the idea of it. So that's why I value it. And the Cowboys weren't always where they are. I like it cause I've been with the Ravens since their early days so I like the idea that I've seen almost all the team's history. So it means something to me when they build their legacy.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

he's on some twitter/reddit style poo poo and his sole goal is just to get attention

I'll say what I say whether it's ignored or whether everyone cares. I don't mind being ignored.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

According to the post game pressers Lamar Jackson said swear words all halftime until the offense was good again. MVP leadership.

We really need to run more plays to Likely. The dude is great running with the ball and also makes some great catches. I don't get why he's not our offensive focal point with Andrews out.

Some team that signs him when his rookie deal expires is going to hit the jackpot and he'll be a probowler.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

God drat it...Detroit now our only hoopoe

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

The ravens have a long way to go before they have meaningful super bowl records.

So? The 49ers were 2-0 and 3-0 at one point too. And thats part what makes it valuable. Once you lose it you cant get it back.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Man the Chiefs really did feel like the Patriots this game. That was the exact kind of poo poo it always was. Oh it's not their year this year it's San Diego's. Or Pittsburgh's. Oh look at all this wild bullshit that happens in the game and somehow Cena wins yet again. Now it's the Ravens turn. It feels like Lamar's year in terms of narrative. But nope those Chiefs are ever present. And if they're there they're getting fate's call. Can Lamar Jackson and the Ravens defeat them?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

chamois posted:

the ravens own the chiefs and this team barely beat the bills

We've beaten Mahomes one single time on a crazy comeback and had an insane fumble at the end. Yes I think we're better than they are, but again they're the new Patriots they always find ways to win these late playoff games even when it seems like it's finally their time to lose like it did early in this game when the Bills were running for like 6 yards per carry

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

chamois posted:

the chiefs were beating the hell out of them it was only close because a guy fumbled on the 1

Yeah the Bills had one of the luckier 4th quarters I can remember and didn't do poo poo with it

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Papercut posted:

Check out Purdy's interview with Steve Young the other day, he attributes his ability to stay cool to the fact that if God wants him to succeed he will and if God has a different plan for him then he will embrace that path too

Suddenly I'm more ok with facing the 49ers if we should beat KC. Embrace the path of failure against my Ravens will to victory!!! We do not accept failure in the Superbowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

He never says he will accept failure.