Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I was at the game so it's hard to really have a good idea of what was happening, I was screaming my head off for most of it and trying not to freeze. Can't wait to go back and watch the broadcast of it.

My impression was that the the Texans were blitzing Lamar hard in the first half and they weren't handling it super well. In the second half they knew it was coming and had a good plan.

The defense allowed a FG and that's it. To the extent that the Texans tried to run, they were denied. Stroud had a few nice escapes but was running from rushers for a good chunk of the day. That being said I didn't feel super comfy until the Ravens had a multiple score lead - Stroud seemed capable of getting back into it. He's good.

not sure how much it came across on TV but the crowd was extremely loud. just a different energy today. and Jimmy Eat World played Bleed American, Sweetness and The Middle and did a great job considering how frigid it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

contrary to Kawalimus I think the Ravens put Purdy in hell again if they meet in the Super Bowl

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I think the Ravens are gonna win the Super Bowl

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the smoothest drat TD catch you ever did see

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1748855347333263655#m

btw this is a Greg Roman play design that they kept, usually it's to Andrews

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Most super bowls starring a murdering piece of poo poo?

But enough about the Colts

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

This is fine, I super did not want the Ravens to have to face Josh Allen particularly as a runner

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

it might rain Sunday in Baltimore which would have probably hurt the Bills less than the Chiefs

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Bills just had too much roster attrition unfortunately

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I think the Bills probably should have leaned on Allen’s running even more

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Thinkin about that ICBM that bounced off Diggs’ hands

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Paracausal posted:

apparently it wasn't an actual call, but the players on the field saw 10 defenders and went for it, still a huge bust

what’s up with all these players going rogue

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

I still believe in the modern NFL era you can just go full tight end and bully the gently caress out of defenders to death.

Then maybe start having them line up tight. Maybe some sort of wing formation?

Perhaps we could get some real good motion sets if we put one in the backfield, a real bruiser that still has good blocking skills.

If we have everyone so tight, we can lure the defense into a lot of RPO pass fakes, but instead of quick hitters across the LoS, maybe they could be more lateral and still in the backfield, kind of like a swing or TE screen but dedicate more blockers from the oline...

I think we might have a stew cooking here boys.

Greg Roman approves of this message

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Who cares, he stays healthy every year and they are a perennial division winner. “Josh Allen isn’t a winner” would be the worst take from the playoffs

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

kiimo posted:

But also consider

Ravens have a good OC and receivers now!

I’m a true believer in this offense now after watching them adjust to the Texans’ blitz-every-down plan.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

We should all strive to be this new fan

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Also Bass should rest easy in the knowledge that his kick wouldn’t have made a bit of difference the way the Chiefs were running the ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

AJ Klein? My god I didn’t know it was that bad up there