Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Bills biggest issue is the Von Miller contract is unmovable. They can save $7m making him a post June 1st cut, but that still means dead cap hits of $17m and $16m the next two years if they do that.

Diggs I think you just gotta ride and presume he was injured or something the 2nd half of the season, because you're locked into that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AndrewP posted:

Who cares, he stays healthy every year and they are a perennial division winner. “Josh Allen isn’t a winner” would be the worst take from the playoffs

It's a bad way to state it, but the Bills do have a problem in that they're $44m over next year's cap and their expensive guys are... tricky to move around to free up space.

$47m Josh Allen - Yeah you can move money forward, you expect him to be there at least the next 5 years, yadda yadda, but his 2025 cap hit is already $57m, then 52, 45 and 41. They already were moving his money forward, so they still probably do it, but that ball just gonna get bigger.

$28m Stefon Diggs - Fell off hard 2nd half of the season, don't save anything moving on from him the next two years. Have to hope he was just injured and rebounds or hope someone just sees the name and trades you too much for him.

$24m Von Miller - Looked like Vernon Gholston this year. Just shot after his ACL tear, has a $33m dead cap hit. Probably just have to June 1st him and turn that into $17 / 16 dead cap hits the next two years

Then you have Dion Dawkins and Tre'Davious White at $16m each, Knox at $14m, Milano, Taron Johnson and Mitch Morse each at $12m, all of which are either worth it (I think) or on extensions with more dead money then savings.

The last two years were the Bills going all in, and now they're going to have to do some belt tightening and reset a bit

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gonz posted:

O/U on number of days before Diggs requests a trade: 14

I posted in the AFCE thread, but 20 years ago, you'd definitely see the Raiders or Football Team trade for Diggs. Today, probably a bit trickier, but I think it's 50/50 they could get a 2nd for him from someone thirsty for weapons, and that'd both solve and cause the Bills a bunch of problems.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I miss Brady constantly talking about dethroning and killing God in interviews.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Purdy is engaged to a Christian historical fiction author. There is a 65% chance Brock Purdy is still a virgin.

I am doing absolutely 0 further searching, but I hope this is her work:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

gently caress, something tells me that may be a different Jenna Brandt than Purdy's lol.

Yeah, I see a picture of a more middle aged lady who looks like she'd write.... well that.

Still had a good laugh

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why do all her sequel covers have the exact same set up. The covers are already low effort as is

Ladies just want to enjoy the fantasy of being rescued by sexy, somewhat wild men who just need someone to tame them just like dudes just want ones where stepsisters get stuck in more and more elaborate machinery / muscle cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

We still doing politics sports posting? cuz in that case

https://twitter.com/the_binp/status/1749630237384614323