Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Pitchfork intoduced me to a ton of music and their lists are great. It was a bit up its own rear end but made me consider some great albums I never really wouldve given a second look.

Pitchfork got me to listen to "Appetite For Destruction" and stop being a self serious weirdo about music.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction/

I havent typed "pitchfork" into a browser in years though because ive gotten admittedly lazy about discovering new music.

Another institution DESTROYED by millenials I guess.

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jan 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

kntfkr posted:

guns n roses loving sucks and it's wrng t respect people wh0 enjoy them (r0n desantis l0ves GNR) or quote this post to say "oh ok but this guns n roses song is so good blah blah blah" NOPE. They all loving suck and so do all their songs how d0 i get my oo key unstuck oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I tried playing The Body at parties but everyone left except three guys in black hoodies who dont brush their teeth.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The Lateralus review is loving hilarious especially if youve spent enough time around TOOL fans to know how much it would piss them off.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

They did a re-review of I Get Wet and it got like an 8.6 or something but begrudgingly.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The Lateralus Review is written from the perspective of a Grade 9 metalhead and lists every single piece of equipment in Danny Careys drum kit.
Masterful.

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 22, 2024

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Boris kicks rear end.

RFC posted:

Pitchfork always did metal dirty. I never liked them for that.

Its because 90% of metal is more concerned with "being metal" than doing anything creative.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

pencilhands posted:

I just farted

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Metal shows are great if you enjoy having your lips grazed by a wet ponytail

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

all the "pitchfork" indie music has totally disappeared from public consciousness and thank god it did. Powerfully boring stuff.

Yeah thank god millennials started having families and cant support indie artists anymore.

Good thing weve got TikTok music and Soundcloud microgenres taking its place. Now nobody will be happy, which is what most goons want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

CaptainSarcastic posted:

LOL at the idea of reading the whole thread, but are Wizard Master and penclihands posting enemies now?

Because that rules.

This town is simply not big enough for the two of them.