Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Illegal batting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Love a good weird (correct) call.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Chiefs would have lost that challenge easily, why are you talking about this?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Chiefs are probably going to have to win this game on defense, so this doesn't bode exceptionally well for my interests.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Rice has that thing where he gets going really fast but doesn't have a top gear, for a second I thought he was going to house that but he was easily caught after getting going.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Nails, I was sure he was gonna miss that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

corn on the cop posted:

is steve spagnuolo really one of the greatest defensive coordinators of all time? i've heard this two weeks in a row now

He's creative I guess but he's coached a whole lot of bad defenses in his career.

This year the D is actually pretty good though (don't trust your lying eyes depending on how much Josh Allen and a the run game dominates them today).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Tony trust me as a Chiefs fan I have not stopped being concerned for weeks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mecole loving Hardman.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

MVS no catch

surprise

That one wasn't his fault. I did laugh at the Bills holding him to keep the drive alive earlier though, because that's a guy you don't need to hold until proven differently.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, there wasn't any real need for that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
CEH has made like 5 plays in the last few weeks and I still hate him but he's doing something now and then.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dango Bango posted:

Did they just not have another safety out there?

The way that play developed it's like they had 10 on the field

I think 7 was supposed to drop with him and just...didn't? I mean the play might have worked even if he did, but it wouldn't have looked as bad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Honestly Bolton being that close to Diggs is sort of a win, that's the biggest mismatch ever.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I still feel like the Chiefs need bad Josh Allen to show up at some point to win this game. And that is not happening so far.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That's a catch but he's a little short I think?

Not that it matters a lot.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

too much time left for mahomes

I wouldn't sweat it too much with this year's offense unless you get a big return or something.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I always think stadiums should have different paths to the locker room and am surprised that so few people who build stadiums realize this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well that's loving surprising.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AndrewP posted:

Buffalo has plenty of LBs right

If I'm Buffalo with what I have to work with coming into the game I still trade Klien being out for Willie Gay being out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shindragon posted:

god if Chiefs win

Should this happen somehow I think they are a really goddamned bad matchup against the Ravens. I felt ambivalent about this game, I feel very freaking bad about that imagined one.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
He got it, but why did you take the absolute wrecking ball of a RB out of the game?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That's a rough penalty to take. Absolutely a penalty, but just a chance to get off the field gone.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AndrewP posted:

Lmao what kind of lovely rear end linebackers you got, Chiefs

I'm disappointed in Bolton today, this is what he's supposed to be good at and his name hasn't been mentioned at all.

Like I'm not watching coaching film here so I don't know if he's doing the right thing and no one else is, but he's the smart run stuffer on D.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How are you going to take a delay penalty there?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
MVS making two (!) plays in one game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Black Lighter posted:

Apparently Chiefs receivers just needed conditions that turned the ball into a rock in order to catch it

It matches their hands so that makes sense in a way.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Whew I thought that loose thing coming out was the ball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Man Allen really does get popped sometimes. It doesn't seem to matter at all, but he gets hit.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Chiefs have gotten got a couple of times on fake punts this season, I don't mind trying that.

And 10 men on the field? Yeah that's just bad luck.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Definitely worth challenging because that's a game changing play, but I think he's just barely down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Either way this goes fire Mecole Hardman, or find a way to keep him off of the field at all times.

He's no longer good at the one thing he was good at, and is a goddamned problem as far as ball security goes now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oof that hit.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh my god that should have worked.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

The touchback rule is good. Don't reach the ball.

My favorite imagined rule change that won't happen is the down counts but the offense keeps the ball on the 20 or 25.

I say in general, not because of this game. Hardman deserves all of the shame.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wyoak posted:

Refs thought the ball was in the air

Replay showed it wasn’t but there’s no review of PI

I think there's a small argument that some contact after the hit is still going on once the ball is in the air, but yeah that's real iffy.

In the end though that bad call does not mean you want review of PI, we tried that. It didn't work.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Josh Allen dropping dimes out of nowhere and getting failed here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Man Buffalo has some fumble luck today.

Gotta go for it here right?