Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Brother Tadger posted:

GTA3 was great! I bet Rockstar’s next game will be just as good…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mkxTWvtFpI

It was so lightweight in terms of anything to do. I bought it, played it for a few hours and took it right back for a refund. I was not paying full price for something that felt like a tech demo.

Konar posted:

I thought Rage 2 was kind of fun :colbert:

It was! I ignored anything to do with the road battle stuff and unlocked the Icarus (iirc) flying thing and just beelined between missions avoiding as much open world nonsense as possible by flying over it. The combat system was great fun and the various factions gave a little bit of variety. Solid 8/10 for me. Would be less if I didn't have the flying vehicle.

Oh and I played Detroit: Become Human through to the end just to see if the 'pick your own story' game would let me end mine prematurely. I tried to kill off all characters at all times, pick the worst choices and the game only lets you get rid of Jennifer Lawrence... The robot revolution must happen in some way or another and I'd be interested to know how many of the supposed thousands of different routes all ended up the same anyway. Huge waste of my time, it wasn't fun, the story was surface level 'deep' and the controls were garbage too.

I played a LOT of Quarantine on the PC back in the day. 'Doom in a taxi' it was described as. You rolled around a post apocalyptic city which has been walled off from the rest of civilisation and effectively used by a huge, powerful corporation for pumping drugs into the water supply to see what happens. Anyway you play a taxi driver and service a selection of absolute weirdos by driving them to their destination and getting attacked by absolutely everything at all times. You can stop and buy a butt load of weapons and armour for your vehicle but you will absolutely get hosed. I think I made it out of the city 3 times and got annihilated very quickly.

The game was I think my first PC CDROM games and it had a proper soundtrack with real music on it. It was a load of 90s Aussie grunge stuff and it has always been in the back of my mind ❤️

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jan 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

RavenousScoot posted:

I wanted to play this for more than 5 minutes, but when I found out about it and tried a few years ago, I couldn't get it to run properly in Dosbox :(

That's a shame, it has a boatload of charm, as a kid I just enjoyed seeing what all the different weirdo passengers would look like and say. It's definitely its own thing but the difficulty balance is way out of whack.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

If we're going on Halo hate I played 4 up until it introduced those teleporting enemies and maybe got 10 minutes further in and just switched the console off. I've never been back to it, those crystal enemies are pure poo poo.

The guns were also complete wank. I dunno who playtested that and gave it a thumbs up.