Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Fungah!)
Which one?
This poll is closed.
Blood Simple 1 5.88%
Raising Arizona 2 11.76%
Miller's Crossing 1 5.88%
Barton Fink 1 5.88%
The Hudsucker Proxy 0 0%
Fargo 1 5.88%
The Big Lebowski 3 17.65%
O Brother, Where Art Thou? 1 5.88%
The Man who Wasn't There 0 0%
Intolerable Cruelty 0 0%
The Ladykillers 0 0%
No Country for Old Men 3 17.65%
Burn After Reading 1 5.88%
A Serious Man 2 11.76%
True Grit 0 0%
Inside Llewin Davis 0 0%
Hail, Caesar! 0 0%
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs 1 5.88%
Total: 17 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I just watched A Serious Man, gonna watch Blood Simple next.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

alright i guess blood simple will have to wait, i got miller's crossing which I also haven't seen.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

also rewatch o brother

This. The first time I watched it back in high school I didn't care for it, but I rewatched it after finding out it's an adaptation of the odessy and now it's one of my favorites.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

A Serious Man

incredible. funny, sad, horrifying, endearing. maybe th most underrated movie on the list. the guy playing larry holds th whole thing together, he's just tryin his best to keep it together while ha-shem rains poo poo on his head. sy ableman might be th most villainous guy in a coen movie, hes a fuckin snake and seems incredibly sincere at the same time. all th dream sequences, all the rabbi sequences, just fuckin incredible. best opening to a coen movie too. i kind of see this one and llewyn davis as two sides of the same movie, the righteous man who falls apart and the failure tht cant stop failing, and theyre my two favorites. just so much good poo poo in this movie. absolutely mandatory watch for anyone who hasnt seen it

★★★★

:hai:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

elf help book posted:

you linked to this thread lol

Lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Just finished Miller's crossing.

Loved this movie. It's so cleverly written. It's got a great story, awesome characters, great twists and it's all so cohesive. The score was odd and sometimes gave the movie an strange vibe, but maybe that was on purpose and I just don't get it.

5 out of 5 "Jesus Tom!"'s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

And turturro was incredible.