Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/infamous-fiasco-fyre-festival-relaunches-already-sold-rcna101390

Fraudster who organized the first one got out of jail and has decided to have another go at it. Given the recent track record of crazy festivals for rich assholes, I eagerly await the impending disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I plan on going but just renting a private boat, not getting a ticket or anything.

Gonna open a hot dog stand and make bank.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This is a really good idea

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Get the band back together and get doobie out there. This is his time

Surely if there’s no other options at all he could sell a few hot dogs

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Worf posted:

Get the band back together and get doobie out there. This is his time

Surely if there’s no other options at all he could sell a few hot dogs

Sending doobie to an Afro-Caribbean island seems like a thing that would end...... poorly.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Disappointed festival goers...

PILED HIGH

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Really just goes to show the idea of voting with your wallet doesn't work because people are too insanely stupid to avoid getting scammed twice in a row by the same guy.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

This is a real baity headline. They've sold 100 tickets and "according to their website" the first release was sold out.

Great job NBC.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
In the unlikely that nobody has seen this yet but here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBPg5ftCMv8

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

emSparkly posted:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/infamous-fiasco-fyre-festival-relaunches-already-sold-rcna101390

Fraudster who organized the first one got out of jail and has decided to have another go at it. Given the recent track record of crazy festivals for rich assholes, I eagerly await the impending disaster.

:sickos:

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
None of those ticket sales are real lmao

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Just the face on this knucklehead. If he told me he had a reuben sandwich for lunch i wouldnt believe him.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I hope they raise the stakes this year and make it even more dangerous

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Poohs Packin posted:

Just the face on this knucklehead. If he told me he had a reuben sandwich for lunch i wouldnt believe him.

He looks like Grant Cardone, and that is NOT a compliment.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Valko posted:

I heard that guy is a Nazi. NO THANKS. I only watch sanctioned documentaries from reputable sources, like Rumble or the other streaming site that isn’t twitch

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

N. Senada posted:

I heard that guy is a Nazi. NO THANKS. I only watch sanctioned documentaries from reputable sources, like Rumble or the other streaming site that isn’t twitch

Care to elaborate? I've heard him say some questionable stuff about the environment and whatnot but I figured that was because he was boomer generation and Australian.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Valko posted:

Care to elaborate? I've heard him say some questionable stuff about the environment and whatnot but I figured that was because he was boomer generation and Australian.

I don't know if he's explicitly a full nazi or anything but he used to be very /pol/ or /v/ adjacent, but that was years ago so I don't know if that's still the case at all.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

This motherfucker must be the pied piper for millennials with too much money

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
it isnt out of the realm of possibility that enough influencers and all gas no breaks wannabes buy tickets hoping for another disaster they can document and profit from on social media. enough people are delusional enough or have enough disposable income to chase tiktok fame that way

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Rych Ydiots Ryjoyce

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

he’s a hero, he’s my hero

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Valko posted:

He or his editor puts the secret nazi numbers in the videos.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I don't know if he's explicitly a full nazi or anything but he used to be very /pol/ or /v/ adjacent, but that was years ago so I don't know if that's still the case at all.

I just did a quick search. Yeah, something about his bikelock fugitive of berkeley video made me uneasy but I just ignored it at the time. Figured he was just trying to appeal to a younger audience of people who laughed at all things political.

I'm not a huge fan of hbomberguy but I'll give his video on the subject a look. Unless it's 2 hours long, as usual.

e: gently caress, it's almost four hours long.

Valko fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 23, 2024

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I enjoyed both of the documentaries I watched on this disaster. It's fun because almost everyone involved deserves it.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Valko posted:

I just did a quick search. Yeah, something about his bikelock fugitive of berkeley video made me uneasy but I just ignored it at the time. Figured he was just trying to appeal to a younger audience of people who laughed at all things political.

I'm not a huge fan of hbomberguy but I'll give his video on the subject a look. Unless it's 2 hours long, as usual.

e: gently caress, it's almost four hours long.

The video wasn't even entirely about the Internet Historian and only covered him for a (relatively) short time, it's just that his chud fans pissed themselves because the segment included screencaps of them blaming Jewish people for the plagiarized video getting taken down, so they pretended the whole four hours was a woke hit-piece against their favorite Youtuber.

But anyway enough about that guy, what does everyone think they'll serve for lunch at Fyre Festival 2? Personally I'm hoping for those crappy square pizzas they used to serve to elementary kids. You can make bank off nostalgia.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

MiracleFlare posted:

But anyway enough about that guy, what does everyone think they'll serve for lunch at Fyre Festival 2? Personally I'm hoping for those crappy square pizzas they used to serve to elementary kids. You can make bank off nostalgia.

Was I not clear when I said I would be serving room temperature hot dogs on white bread for a premium price.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I've decided to watch something else. The Infographics Show has a new video up; Why you should NEVER play with voodoo dolls.

I'm sure it's going to contain lots of useful information that I can apply in the real world, like how I can defeat and survive Jason Voorhees.

Should be fun!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Valko posted:

I've decided to watch something else. The Infographics Show has a new video up; Why you should NEVER play with voodoo dolls.

LOL as if I need a reason not to.

Remember kids, say a big "No Thanks" to Voodoo.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I love The Infographics Show.

It's just so unintentionally hilarious.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Wasn't there already a breakdown on this like a year ago? Where essentially he went to prison as a fraudster and he gets out to immediately start frauding again with festival 2.0? I doubt anyone bought a ticket and it's just a way to drive interest.

Wake me up when he's serving cold cheese sandwiches again.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Grey Cat posted:

Wasn't there already a breakdown on this like a year ago? Where essentially he went to prison as a fraudster and he gets out to immediately start frauding again with festival 2.0? I doubt anyone bought a ticket and it's just a way to drive interest.

Wake me up when he's serving cold cheese sandwiches again.
You dont actually eat the sandwich you ask for two and then use them as a pillow.

Comon nerd you need to get blackout drunk more often

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Anyone who buys a ticket is a disaster tourist who's hoping the second festival is as awful as the first.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Can't wait for the Netflix doc about this one

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Honestly i feel like hes on the right track. America loves giving fraudulent assholes second and third chances.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Valko posted:

This video is edited to be as annoying as loving possible.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
All publicity is good publicity!

Guessing people who booked tickets want a taste of that sweet sweet lord of the flies action

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

AEMINAL posted:

All publicity is good publicity!

Guessing people who booked tickets want a taste of that sweet sweet lord of the flies action

Or theyre hoping for a payout

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

all they want is that clout they’re chasing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

credburn posted:

This video is edited to be as annoying as loving possible.

I won't click anything that looks like that.