Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Getting a good amount of crashes so I don't think I'm playing much online for now but King feels pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

I got 4 matches in and now every ranked game is crashing, going to give it a day and just enjoy everything else I guess.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

spiritual bypass posted:

Welp, Tekken 8 demo ran flawlessly on Linux but the full game is a crash at start. Guess I gotta wait for something to change.

Correction: full game runs flawlessly with the latest Proton GE

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

6yo has commandeered tekken and wants to just lab the characters in the safety of practice mode. Future champion.

They know what's up. That's what fightings games is all about

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The character episodes have some really cool endings. :3:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Already a patch out on Steam and lots of crash reports about the PC version, Tekken comin' in hot as is becoming usual.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I was also getting a few crashes and didn't have much time to play tonight anyway, so I'll update my graphics drivers tomorrow and see if there's any server or client adjustments.

Game certainly is a looker, load times from what I saw seemed entirely reasonable, and the one match I did get online before crashing occurred felt just fine netcodewise. Certainly a better first impression in those regards than T7.

Spaz Medicine
Feb 22, 2008

Crashed when loading both matchmaking games I accepted unfortunately. Does anyone know of a temporary workaround until they get it fixed?

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Gonna live in practice mode for a while. It feels loving good to play.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
My PC version is freezing 9/10 times my friend and I are trying to play in a private room.

Also the game won’t access my steam friends list for invites.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
If anyone could get stuck in T-poses ofc it would be Jacks

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Are the problems just for online currently for PC? I was hoping to have something to play while I wait for humble store to get its rear end in gear and get those Infinite Wealth keys out.

If it is just online at least I could play the story or arcade quest since I am a bad at fighting games.

lukevictorious
Mar 31, 2019

this is the water

Unlucky7 posted:

Are the problems just for online currently for PC? I was hoping to have something to play while I wait for humble store to get its rear end in gear and get those Infinite Wealth keys out.

If it is just online at least I could play the story or arcade quest since I am a bad at fighting games.

It's not just PC, it's every platform and happens during matchmaking, the offline stuff seems like smooth sailing.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I've been just playing through the story and it's fun enough, hoping online works better by tomorrow though.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Did not know you got to make a little tekken mii, that was a pleasant surprise

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Real glad they didn't do a shader precompilation, I really love my game chugging every time it loads a new character

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Why in the story am i being given rage art randomly when im still at like 95% health in a lot of these fights

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Basticle posted:

Real glad they didn't do a shader precompilation, I really love my game chugging every time it loads a new character

Lol yeah it owns

Spaz Medicine
Feb 22, 2008

The little avatar arcade mode is kinda fun. The dialog is exactly what you'd expect, but it's keeping me entertained while matchmaking is broken.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Story spoilers

It felt like they wrote a script, then took every third page and made that the script for the game. poo poo happens because poo poo needs to happen.

That being said, everything kinda felt like time padding until they got to the final Jin vs. Kazuya battles, which tried to be the most anime thing that ever anime'd. I stopped counting the number of rounds between the two, though I did appreciate the throwbacks to older games.

And Reina was exactly who everyone thought she was.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Decided to pick this up and have spent a couple of hours fooling around with Reina because I love her. Also I am bad at Electrics.

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(
https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1750703115001872556?s=20

Ps5 apparently is also crashing

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
The Tekken Force segment in the story mode destroyed my left hand, never mashed so hard in a while.

faantastic posted:

I got 4 matches in and now every ranked game is crashing, going to give it a day and just enjoy everything else I guess.

I'm on PS5 and I got exactly 4 online matches too before it was consistently crashing. I'll stay on the single player modes for now.

Symbolic Butt fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 26, 2024

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Insane how much fun and how cool Azucena is

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
The replay mode is really impressive. It will pause the replay and pop up tips with recommended punishes or combos for the situation then throw you in and it works super seamlessly.

Also, Reina rules

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Making my way through Arcade Story tonight. I am enjoying this mode a lot. It reminds me of what Street Fighter 6 has, which I also enjoy.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Got through the story. It was... a fighting game story alright. I at least appreciate that a portion of it took place during a fighting tournament, and sneaking in Tekken Force for the large scale battle instead of having everything be 1v1 was cool. No crashes for me.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Story spoilers

And Reina was exactly who everyone thought she was.

It was that or some sort of reincarnation clone thing. I'm glad she's not a reincarnation clone.

The biggest upset/switcheroo was
no Jun, although I guess that was her foot at the end? And Jin had her moves.

Nice Van My Man fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 26, 2024

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Made a Bryan combo tutorial since online doesn't work anyways, give it a watch if you want to get his bnbs down quickly.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I spent like an hour straight just screwing around with the jukebox and listening to Tekken music while setting the stage and menu tracks.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

is there a slight graphical bug on pc with custom costumes? during the win pose it's over exposed, like someone is busting out a highlight on them

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

claw game handjob posted:

Apparently I need to upgrade my video card, because the game thinks I need this poo poo in Crunch-o-Vision.

It does not look better in motion or in battles, I assure you, but it IS keeping a steady 60...

Check your graphics settings. For whatever reason it decided to use FSR 1.0 to upscale by default even though i have a 2080, which looks like absolute rear end no matter what. I switched it to DLSS quality and everything is perfect. Even if you need to upscale and don't have an rtx card, pretty much any option is better than FSR.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Nice Van My Man posted:

The biggest upset/switcheroo was
no Jun, although I guess that was her foot at the end? And Jin had her moves.

Yeah, I'm surprised there wasn't more Jun as well. When Jin went back home I figured that she was going to be the catalyst to his breakthrough, at least some sort of memory if not a !~sH3's 4l1v3~! reveal, and then Jun was kinda part of Jin's big awakening but not really.

There was the post-credits hook at the end but the question of is she alive or is Kazuya dead, they can go either way.

Also with Reina, it had been established that the Devil Gene came from Kazumi's side, hence Kazuya and Jin having it but not Heihachi. So either there's more people out there with the Devil Gene that Heihachi's had relations with, or he had a recessed Devil Gene or some kind of plot bullshit to tell the same stories but with names and faces changed.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Check your graphics settings. For whatever reason it decided to use FSR 1.0 to upscale by default even though i have a 2080, which looks like absolute rear end no matter what. I switched it to DLSS quality and everything is perfect. Even if you need to upscale and don't have an rtx card, pretty much any option is better than FSR.

Yeah, did that on my 3070. It was weird as hell.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Nice Van My Man posted:

It was that or some sort of reincarnation clone thing. I'm glad she's not a reincarnation clone.

Ever since someone here said she got "favorite daughter energy" I was completely convinced.

Every character episode ending I saw was good, I'm having fun with them. I'm glad they nailed the spirit of those old Tekken endings, they were pretty lacking in Tekken 7.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Mostly messed around in training mode at this point, love the feel of King, Yoshimitsu, Victor and Reina but of the four of them I think I'll probably start with King just because the dopamine hit of grabbing someone out of midair and absolutely dunking them is loving incredible.
Also because I'm sure low level ranked is going to be absolutely loving flooded with Victors, some of Reina's execution stuff looks gnarly, and I don't even know where to fuckin' start with Yoshimitsu :allears:, but mostly the dopamine from dunks thing.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Did Jins insane d2 make it through the CNT and demos into live unchanged?

Autsj
Nov 9, 2011

poe meater posted:

Which graphic upscale setting looks the best?

Also I'm so bad at KBD now.

TAAU with render scale set to 100 should basically be native res with upscaling only used for post process AA. If you want actual resolution upscaling then probably DLSS if you have Nvidia; FSR2 for AMD though I find FSR always looks bad in motion.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Hey folks, quick one for you - Anyone know how to select on PC which buttons are shown? I've got a Hori FC, and it's showing XBox controls instead of PS.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shockeh posted:

Hey folks, quick one for you - Anyone know how to select on PC which buttons are shown? I've got a Hori FC, and it's showing XBox controls instead of PS.

Sounds like a job for the Steam controller settings menu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

spiritual bypass posted:

Sounds like a job for the Steam controller settings menu
If it's a PlayStation controller there's a decent chance Steam is gonna make it look like an Xinput to the Tekken 8 client, which makes it think it should show Xbox buttons. If Tekken 8 has PS buttons built into the PC version, it might be worth turning off Steam Controller stuff while playing the game.