Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I've been screwing around with the Demo while I get ready for the next battle and it made me wish Tekken Zaibatsu was still around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The more people who hope Tifa makes it into T8 the less likely it'll happen. Just so you know.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I can't KBD for poo poo and I wish it wasn't a thing in Tekken.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I know I'm just a rarely seen name and an animated gif on a dead gay forum but I'd be down for regular online tekkens.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I spent like an hour straight just screwing around with the jukebox and listening to Tekken music while setting the stage and menu tracks.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Someone please mod this track back into the TTT2 soundtrack so I can jukebox it in as the character select music like I had it when the TTT2 first came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXlvmP_bVSs

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 26, 2024

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Struggling to complete Jins Combo Challenge 10 because I can't get b3 to connect after the second Wind Hook Fist. I just can't get his knee to make contact.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Leroy where have you been my whole life?

Makes me wish I had picked up Tekken 7 back when he was first introduced and he was op af.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Trillhouse posted:

Lenne Hardt announcer mod (should have been default!)

link is kinda-nsfw. at least I wouldn't want it to show up on my work monitor. why are you looking at tekken mods at work anyways?

https://tekkenmods.com/mod/3130/tekken-8-trailer-announcer-mod-lenne-hardt

Thanks so much for posting this.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

On the topic of Leroy does anyone have any good resources for playing him in T8? After a couple of days of labbing with him I think I've settled on him as my main. Him and Sugar are by far some of the coolest loving characters in Tekken.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Let us dress Sugar up in different dog clothes Harada you loving coward.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Replay mode knocked my socks off when while I was watching one of my ranked matches it paused to tell me what I could have done differently to punish a string that I had blocked. Then it let me stop the replay and practice the punish. Then when I was done, I could resume watching the replay.

GOTY.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

2 weeks and some days later I still haven't settled on a main yet. I thought I was all in with Leroy cus the dudes cool as hell, but then I look at all the cool poo poo guys like Vincent and Lars and Devil Jin and Kaz and Raven do and I'm like, if I'm gonna spend all this time playing a character at least I want to become a demon, or shoot guns or electricity and use swords.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I think I found the right balance of a rad character with cool moves and cool effects - Raven.

It's funny because I used to play him a lot in Tekken 5 and just kind of gravitated away from him over time.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

T4 Jin also had one of the best default costumes in all of Tekken IMHO and every game since I've wanted them to bring it back in some way shape or form.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's surprising how often people around green rank where I am don't block low. Especially near the end of the round where a single low will end it for them.

It's also amusing when I over think it and expect a round ending low attack from the opponent and just end up getting slapped with a mid.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I think it's kind of messed up that Lei Wulong is getting the DLC treatment twice in a row.

From Super Cop to Super Not (...included in the base roster!)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sounds like beating them would feel real good though, right? I'm at Assailant atm so I'm looking forward seeing that bullshit in a few.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pockyless posted:

Combos are fun to do

:agreed: It's why I try to keep two that at least wall carry and one for the wall in my muscle memory so poo poo doesn't get too repeatitive for my opponent when I juggle combo them.

I'm a considerate, Raven main.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

My ghost went 3-0 on me just now before I managed to adapt and it was pretty neat.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya I never consider it a teabag unless it's at the end of the round, until then I give everyone the benefit of the doubt because I'm also bad at inputting side step quickly enough.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Autsj posted:

I guess you guys always drop the controls like a hot potato after winning a round; I move about, and that is when the df1,d4 tbagging happens.

Snackbox Micro XL and I would never drop it so I just stop pressing buttons.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmfHlk0N9y0

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Tortolia posted:

Since it’s live now, a few things about the fightpass:

I don't understand, none of this information is making me upset. :confuoot:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If I were on PC I would install that mod that blanks out all reference to rank lol.

Thanks for the reminder about that mod. I totally want to rock it for a few months and then disable it just to see where I'm at before enabling it again and repeating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Aw yeah, Leeroy with the buffs.