Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Excited to throw raw deathfists over and over on thursday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Play a sway character so at least something happens when you try to kbd

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

6yo has commandeered tekken and wants to just lab the characters in the safety of practice mode. Future champion.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Why in the story am i being given rage art randomly when im still at like 95% health in a lot of these fights

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Basticle posted:

Real glad they didn't do a shader precompilation, I really love my game chugging every time it loads a new character

Lol yeah it owns

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I was playing tekken with my 8bitdo ultimate controller just to see the story and i think i might make an effort to play on pad instead of one my sticks for the first time in years.
The buttons feel so much better than a console pad. Sony/xbox buttons feel lovely imo this gen vs this thing.
The dpad isnt exactly ideal but it has a good stiffness that helps keep inputs clean too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Are there better combo trials in 8 than 7 or pretty much the same thing? Forgot to check last night

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its tekken but no load times aka perfect

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Whats the least bad default way to get up?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

As paul in older tekkens it felt like theres a lot of characters that can spam jabs and fast kicks at me and i cant do anything about it, but now i can just tap rb and i get to invincible through anything and get big big punish with install.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I gotta say, regular scrub, non-kbd movement feels way better in 8 than ever

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thread should be called tekken 8 to the streets

We looking like fools rn

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah i got into locals over the summer before work crushed my ability to train and go out on a week night in the fall and made me depressed about my fighting game growth potential lol. Anyway all i did was I asked the LAN thread for my city for some leads and links and showed up at the venues and had a sick time and got peoples contact info and subbed to the tournament calendar on start.gg and it was wonderful and welcoming

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nice Van My Man posted:

The game suddenly switched me to special controls during a match even though I have it completely unbound, which just meant I couldn't turn it off :(

I hope that doesn't become a regular occurrence.

Every time i enter ranked i need to rebind it, toggle it off, and unbind it again

Is everyone im playing using it? Im getting big juggled all the time in the green ranks with flawless execution. Thankfully i catch up with just a few deathfists

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

eggrolled posted:

So I'm new to Tekken and wanting to practice more before I go online, but how does ranked work in this?

I know how ranked in for example, SF6 and GBVSR, works--where you do lose points on a loss but can't get demoted a tier until you hit higher tiers like S or Plat. These two have winstreak bonuses up to a certain point as well.

I played some Arcade Quest and there seemed to be no penalty for a loss there, no winstreaks. so I was also curious if it's a more tutorialized version of ranked in that mode where it's super low stakes.

You cant lose points in ranked for several tiers. Im on like the third or forth color tier and i still cant lose points yet
So its even easier than sfvi cause not only dont you rank down, you cant even lose rank up progress at all. Go 0-10 and they are all promotion matches

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nice Van My Man posted:

This is what let me understand it - don't think of it as f, *, d, df. Just do f, *, df. Basically tap forward, cleanly release, then tap down-forward (+whatever attack if desired) without rolling it.

Frankly I don't even know why they say you have to hit down because you clearly don't and it makes it more complicated.

yeah and qcf motions tend to work better as down > down-forward with no forward at the end too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ive seen fengs. Mfers spam lows like no one else

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

unattended spaghetti posted:

I am incredibly bad at this game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kinda want more stages
Number feels light

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah they are all good. Just a lot of them are repeats with different lighting

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Extra Large Marge posted:

Well I usually play Paul so it's "Hey this guy doesn't look so tough, I'll just use a bunch of gigantic punches"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Al-Saqr posted:

ok this is complete bullshit.

I want to play this game with a six button controller (8bitdo neo geo pad) but the game is forcing me to have a seventh button for the Right Trigger special moves, and wont allow me to map it to a double-button press. and all the other buttons are mandatory lol.

Unbind the left bumper from baby input mode and use it for super

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

But is leo a leo? Whats their dob?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Google says april first! Ha leo is an ares and i am an april fool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Playing as paul is super exhausting.
Everybody juggles me all round for 10x longer than it takes me to stand up and kill them instantly so it feels like i barely get to play.
I think i hit wall until my timing and defense get better and i learn matchups and figure out what i need to actually respect.

Maybe i'll try a different character.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Trucker Hat posted:

Being a Paul main does make learning the rest of the cast extra scary just because of how braindead easy he is to pick up compared to everyone else.

Absolutely anything I do leads to b1,2 -> deathfist.

Yeah also gently caress any long range poke ever cause im gonna b1+2 through it or get owned trying

Have you tried his running grab yet after heat engager? They have no idea what hit them.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just encountered a bug in ranked where it would not recognize my r2 button at all until i relaunched the game. Fun way to lose. Hope it was a fluke.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I gotta work on a wall carry with paul. Im doing my big boy combo in open space getting 50% but blasting them away from me so its back to neutral, im out of heat, and i lose cause i get wall carried myself and trapped.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Got the neogeo 8bit do controller coming in the mail tomorrow. Excited to check out the deathfist action on click-stick

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neogeo 8bitdo review for tekken:
It owns, i still suck but i feel cooler doing it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Special mode bad because it covers like a third of the screen in a menu

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

How do i unlock costumes in super ghost battle? Just keep fighting my ghost?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MelancholyMark posted:

You should be able to challenge the CPU ghosts and they'll have little like treasure chest icons in the list to select from for the character to show you can win a costume.

Ok so select cpu ghosts at the arcade machine or talk to the ones around the room?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Playing paul again today. Getting owned a lot.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does paul have a decent attack from the ground on wake up?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lee is kicking me and i dont know wtf

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When he kicks me 4 times in the legs the last hit pops me up no matter how i block the string unless im missing something.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tekken is so loving easy on friday night goddamn

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Players with predictable lows are so fun to paul df parry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The neogeo pad doesnt hurt the thumb and im always hurting it playing on any other pad