Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wigglin
Dec 19, 2007

Fighting games definitely have tougher competition on the weekdays. If you decide to quit the game on a Thursday then you don't get to beat up the weekend warriors after taking your weekday lumps.

Been having fun (occasionally) hitting people with Alisa's chainsaws and disembodied head and I've never been so sure of who my main would be in a game. I learn like a dozen new things whenever I boot up the game which has been alternately satisfying and overwhelming. It'll be a while before I have enough baseline control and knowledge to feel like I'm interacting with the game at its pace but I'm having a great time getting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wigglin
Dec 19, 2007

Nice Van My Man posted:

I found a 'fix' is to set the texture detail to medium. I tried bumping it back up to high with the last update+AMD update but it came back. I've never had a crash with textures set to medium. It's still pretty annoying because the medium textures look a lot worse than the high textures to me. Still better than randomly crashing out while playing online.

Edit:
Actually medium textures aren't bad, somethings just hosed with the way it does shaders and textures on PC. I knew some people fixing the low level fatal error by editing the shaders, but that's too much for me and I just lowered the quality, but there's still some sort of corruption going on. You can see with Eddie's blocky textures here. Anyone else seeing anything like this? If I dump the shader cache it goes back to normal but it's just a matter of time until the textures get blocky again.

Yeah, I've had trouble with this game since release and I've turned things down for stability and my main menu Eddy is blockier than me when trying to understand his strings.

I've tried a bunch of poo poo including turning off resizable BAR and rolling my drivers back to before the games release. It works now without hitching during matches and I'm scared to change anything.

wigglin
Dec 19, 2007

I want to hangout and play longer sets with people in the Tekken lounge but there doesn't seem to be a way to check your connection strength with people and it seems most people are just using it as a different way to access ranked. I don't get it. Battle hub sessions in SF6 were where I really began learning and loving that game and this lounge seems like it doesn't facilitate playing like that. Is there anything more to it than doing 'funky dance' at random people and getting 120 ping matches with the one person within 5 levels of me?

wigglin
Dec 19, 2007

Nice Van My Man posted:

I'm sorry to report that after playing a long Friday session the UEPolris crashes have started again. It seems like there's nothing I can do to stop them now, and I've tried every imaginary fix posted on the internet. To try to keep the crashes to a minimum I've set all graphics to low like some sort of degenerate Quake player.

I've been where you are, though I have a 6750, and rolling my drivers back was the only thing that fixed it for me. I'm quick posting but here's a link with some tweets in it for Some Guy's explanation

https://www(dot)eventhubs.com/news/2024/mar/02/tekken-crash-fix-pc/

Edit:
Sorry for the lovely source on this. Main point is it seems like whatever AMD did to accommodate T8 fucks everything up for some people and you may just have to rollback to drivers from before the game launched. I did all the stuff you've mentioned with similar results; more stability for a while, followed by eventual crashes. Rolling back to 23.11.1 drivers was the only thing that's worked as annoying and dumb as that is.

wigglin fucked around with this message at 07:46 on May 18, 2024