Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I shall make due with one of the purple themed girl bosses in lieu of Mileena.

Nerves are a problem for me in online play. The Ghost system looks like a perfect solution. Can't wait to try it!

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Orv posted:

Call it four hours, I need to make everyone look stupid first

There's 4 hours left in bear years.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I was getting lag in Story Mode on PC after a few battles, but figured how to fix it. Thought I'd share.

Pause and alt-tab for a few seconds. Whatever is happening seems to be reset by that.

I suspect it's some sort of pre-loading that can't keep up with the battle transitions.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I didn't think the generic costume system would be my kinda thing.

I was wrong.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Dress up is driving me mad. Alisa's T7 outfit has hidden color modifiers for her wings and chainsaws. I can't find which components they get colors from.

This is the preset T7

Next, an unchanged custom T7. It defaults to gold and white wings, and blue chainsaw blades instead of the above.

Customized T7. Somehow got gray wings. It's not gray layered over gold either, but clear gray, though the character select isn't the best lighting to demo that.

I reversed every color change and the hat back to the T7 and the wings were still gray. They only reset to gold when I picked a sweater and then the T7 outfit.

I'm out of ideas. Speak up if your T7 Alisa has other wings! If we could just figure it out, we'd have power beyond your wildest imagination.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Medullah posted:

I just played Practice Mode for a few minutes, am I crazy or did they change King's 5 throw combo that starts with SS 2+4 so you can just complete the entire chain with spamming 2? I got all 5 out, but wasn't sure if it was some sort of practice mode assist.

Yes, and you can spam 1 or 2 through DF 1+3 too.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

With the Ghost system being in a pretty decent place now I feel like Tekken should follow the lead of other online games and start seeding bots into the player pool for newbies to help them build confidence and get comfy with how online works

I'd like to see the Ghost system expanded too. It has a solid base, but I want replays of people fighting my ghosts, and all sorts of ghost stats. And most importantly of all, a way to change their costumes.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

spiritual bypass posted:

Next for me is figuring out which character makes the best Kiryu or Majima costume and playing that one

Jack.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

And on costumes, Jin is a Cyberpunk Edgerunners palette swap.

Why is the customizer so addictive? Half my time is spent there.

And I'll never use these characters!

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Feb 1, 2024

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah it's only covering the top 10,000 players so it's going to skew to the "pick a top tier" playerbase too lol

That distribution is really good for a roster of 32 though. It's a slow drop after the top 5.

I wonder if the leaderboard cutoff messes with the accuracy in more ways.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Feb 2, 2024

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Nice Van My Man posted:

This has happened to me a couple of times, but most of the time I catch it in the practice mode. Pretty annoying, and such a weird glitch.

Same. The bug resets when you exit the menus after changing controller presets.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 3, 2024

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

One day I'll find a way out of the costume creator and try this game.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Most have 1 unlockable costume. A few have a 2nd that's borrowed from another character. You get them all from beating dev ghosts.

The campaign unlocks a couple too. I can't remember if they were for others than Jin and Kaz.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

True, but at least Lili does better than the face of the game.

Lili gets 3 unique dresses. Reina is all hoodie variations, random parts from the costume store, and one high effort samurai suit.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Found some good combo videos for my fellow costume mains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPE7yS7IVrQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyckKJz65OI

Not sure what they used for Black Mask's pupils, but you get Deadpool eyes if you use horns. Just a shame the helmet is too metallic for any of the 'Pools

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Feb 5, 2024

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Phenotype posted:

Also, I'm a monolingual American so I have basically no frame of reference, but when people of different nationalities get together, wouldn't they usually choose one language to speak amongst themselves? Played through story mode and it never stopped feeling weird that Victor would respond in French to Lars asking him a question in Swedish, or whatever. Feels like they should have split the difference and had everyone speak English or Japanese, although I guess the characters have always spoken their own language during actual matches.

The multilingual convos are just Tekken being Tekken.

There's edge cases where it happens IRL with closely related languages. When people don't technically speak the other language, but understand it anyway.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

10 customization slots is not enough! You're stifling me, Harada! STIFLING!!

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I am here!

Still stuck at the customization boss. Pretty happy about that All Might though. I'll have to pick up Jack once I can leave Nina for two minutes without forgetting her combos.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Alisa's Double Rocket Punch is a kinda spamable projectile. Not practical though.

Now if I could just figure out how to throw Kung Lao's hat.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Is it normal that some moves only partially break light floors? They seem so intentionally one&done, or twice for hard floors, that finding outliers threw me off.

Alisa's DBT 1+2 in an air combo needs two uses to break floors, and DES uf1+2 needs three uses.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Labbed Alisa for a week only to realize getting better with her didn't make her more fun to me.

Now staying in one place as a big goofy bear, that's fun. Should've tried them way earlier. Less costume options means I won't spend all my time in dressup either!
Still though...

Fassbender from Assassin's Creed, and the horny woman from Baldur's Gate 3.

...can't stop! Customized for so long that a memory leak bombed my FPS.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Feb 19, 2024

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

The Shame Boy posted:

Does the steam achievement for beating the game with Jin victorious mean there is one for losing to the final boss?

Yes.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Feb 20, 2024

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Oh yeah, we're way past climbing out of the microtransaction hole.

Star Citizen was probably the final nail, normalizing grifts that lead to games like Marvel Snap selling card art for full game price.

At least Tekken 8 has a sense of humor about it. They're selling a Shaheen avatar.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

The shop is up. The prices are... ambitious. And the expendable fireworks are certainly choice. Decent skins though, I suppose.

I admit to disappointment that there's nothing for my characters. I'm willing to unlock more customization options as long as it isn't underwear and bikinis. I may be part of the problem. :v:

If anyone buys an avatar skin, let us know if they're one-piece or modular please.

Late edit: Oh, the skins are actually reasonably priced at like $4 a pop. I thought 500 Tekken Bux were $50, not noticing prices were in my local currency.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 3, 2024

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Yeah, I started by fighting ghosts and used the lobbies to find people. They're pretty nostalgic with the arcade vibe. They must be popular too, because there's always a bunch of instances up.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Ffffffuuuuuck! They nerfed Red on women. It can't be applied from saved colors, and old customizations are neon red now.

It's only the body-mold tops, in case someone thought they saw a bare boob instead of a painted boob. Still, the collateral damage is unfathomable!

Before and after:

Metroid Dread Alisa was my favorite skin. Why must I suffer for the crimes of people using skin tones. Why not just block skin tones exclusively!? :smith:

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Mar 3, 2024

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

There's no way they weren't looking at Noob Saibot when they came up with those moves.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

My Panda expresses herself just fine with 2 hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Nice Van My Man posted:

[...] You need to throw out the craziest move you've got so that they know you're a scrapper.

He addressed that.

The craziest move on round start is a forward dash :v: