Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
So I'm having trouble getting perfect inputs to work consistently.
For example, Lee's Mist Trap Throw (a, a, b) triggers sometimes at 17-19 frames between a-b but not always. Do I have to press the actual buttons for some limited time as well?

Clarification, I'm kind of pressing the previous buttons at the same speed so that the b is on the hit.

Ninja edit
So it seems it's most consistent at exactly 31 frames from the first input. I guess that attack will never happen when I meet an active opponent 💩

Imaginary Friend fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Is there some hidden delay to tying two buttons to the side buttons (LT, RT ir LB, RB) or is my xbox controller just bad? For some reason perfect hits almost never register unless I press the two buttons manually in a combo.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

Nice Van My Man posted:

Seriously if EWGF was supposed to be hitting 2 1 frame after df I'd have it beat by now. Why is it always exactly one frame late? How is that possible?
I've been having similar issues with some just frames on Lee and I've noticed how different controllers trigger differently, especially the d-pad and using shortcuts on the triggers/back buttons/whatever they're called. Try practicing just pressing whatever direction (not diagonal) and a button simultanously and go from there. I've got way more mileage from my steam deck d-pad than my xbox controller for example. Diagonals are poo poo on some "spongy" controllers.

edit
This one's my hair puller and my gripe with combos in tekken; the second input doesn't matter when you press it, as long as the time between the first and the last is exactly 31 frames. None of that is tied to the actual animation of the move so it fucks up my brain when the second "kick" doesn't change if I press it too early or too late.

Imaginary Friend fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 9, 2024

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

Seltzer posted:

-Something needs to be done with Heat and Rage. They dont work well together. Making rage just increased damage and possibly chip (maybe even upping the multiplier) or bringing heats power down.
It's a feature and an updated version of that feature split into two. I think one of the two would be enough and if they go with the heat one, the animation should be skippable, or only shown once during a whole match.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
The interactable replays and crazy detailed practice mode should be a golden standard in all games with complex control mechanics, regardless of genre. It's so impressive.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Turning on the opponent's input window in the replays to see what buttons they mashed before you left the ground for the last time in a match can also be illuminating to learn what moves to look out for.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

Levin posted:

Friend shared this reddit post discussing Harada's responses to team battle and tekken shop: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/1bhg4lj/harada_explaining_why_theres_no_team_battle_in_t8/

I'm curious if anyone is familiar enough with the development of fighting games that they can explain why team battle would be so costly to implement. Also, a friend remarked on the load times for team battle being terrible in the past before SSD but I know Tekken Tag was able to implement a system where multiple characters were loaded at one time so what's the challenge in doing so for a team battle format? I'm thinking like the 3-on-3 team-based format KoF has.
The bar has been raised quite significantly since Tekken tag. It would require new animations, inputs, potential combos that work together for different characters, restructuring menus/tutorials and the replay tracking (figuring out how to implement switching when taking over replays etc.), and probably changing how characters are loaded since it's heavily optimized for two. Skipping on any part would make it feel unpolished, lowering the quality of the whole game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought team battle was different from tag battle. Isn't team battle the one where you pick 8 characters and every time you lose you switch to the next character

Edit: yeah

https://tekken.fandom.com/wiki/Team_Battle
Oh, I misread the of post, sorry. It's half of the work I mentioned then :D