Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I can't wait to play yoshimitsu in this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
This game kicks rear end

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Hey is there a way to make your side alternate every time you reset in practice mode?

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't think so, you can just set it to one or the other in the restart settings.

If you want to keep flipping I think the fastest is using a side switch throw

Edit: oh actually you can use the "record status" to set it to the other side and just push restart or reproduce to get each side

🙏

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Can't you kbd on a hitbox by just holding back and tapping down and then forward?

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I think the RAs are ok, I've got a lot of wins from blocking them :D

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
For real though, I've had some odd games where the other player has just stood there for 15 seconds instead of running offence because they expect me to suicide into their RA and they don't know what to do. I'm expecting that gets less common as you rank up. Overall i don't mind the mechanic. I do wish the cutscenes were waaaay shorter. Like 2 seconds max.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
lmfao

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
If you want to "lab" against Eddy but haven't bought him, you can download a ghost and play against that.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

WhatEvil posted:

Dunno if this is the right place to ask, but I recently got an 8bitdo arcade stick controller, since using a Switch Pro style controller was murdering my hands - I was literally in pain all the time.

It's good... but I've gone down 2-3 ranks since getting it - from Mighty Ruler to around the top of Garyu. The main thing seems to be that I'm finding it difficult to reliably hit the inputs on the stick - particularly like, fast fw - fw - fw inputs and stuff like that because it takes a lot of getting used to. You have to push the stick just the right amount forward to engage the switch, let it rebound just the right amount to disengage the switch, hit it just the right amount and release just the right amount.... If you push the stick too far to make the input then it affects the rebound time and if you don't release enough then the switch doesn't disengage. If you wait for the stick to return to centre fully before each input then your inputs become quite slow a lot of the time.

I'm wondering if I should try to replace or mod the stick with one that has a smaller deadzone and/or a faster rebound (stronger spring) etc.

For anybody not familiar with fightsticks, changing out sticks and modding them (e.g. changing the spring) is apparently super common - so I guess that's some kind of proof that there are improvements to be made.

Anybody got any experience with this? I've played maybe 15 hours or something since getting the stick, and I *have* improved somewhat but I feel a bit like I'm hitting a wall with it, and I'm not sure if I just fundamentally suck with a stick or if making hardware changes might make a dramatic difference.

It's probably going to take way longer than 15 hours before you're good on stick. While it's really intuitive and fun to use, it's also honestly way harder when it comes to making very fast and precise inputs.

If you're enjoying it, I'd just keep playing and see if you improve. If you want to tweak it a bit, I'd look up if you can mod the stick with a replacement spring and actuator, which you can probably buy very cheaply off AliExpress. Or you could try giving the spring a stretch, and wind some electrical tape around the base of the stock actuator.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Gah I gotta use wifi to play online but what if the other player gets mad at me for that specific reason instead of the 10,000 other reasons manbabies rage at this game :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
They really need to add unlimited rematch to quick match.