Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Basticle posted:

They sent a review copy to some random nobody YouTuber and God the Paris stage looks sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qR9t-_psV0

Hopefully if you look close enough you can see Agent 47 dumping a body into the Seine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
on the other hand: all that poo poo is boring. you bought tekken for the big rear end juggle combos, so do 'em. Just use df1 a bunch, sidestep when they block it and df2 like I do

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

DeadButDelicious posted:

For actual Tekken discussion - is there a general guide or advice on sidestepping and when/where to use it? Coming from a 2D fighter background I'm not very adept at using the 3D space to my advantage both on offense and defense so a primer would be really useful for that. :)

A guy from the Goonsgarden Discord recommended this video series a while back that I found very helpful. It was made during the Tekken 7 days but a lot of the advice still applies to Tekken 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv2yYnQi5i4

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
If you don’t like juggles and big combos then I’m afraid this is not the game for you. There’s a lot of other fighting games out there that will probably scratch your itch better

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
nice

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the advice you can take from the PhiDX video is basically :

Run your offence
Power Crush every time you are in a minus situation
Block on wakeup. Otherwise never block, backdash, or sidestep ever

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
High level Ninas have probably hands-down the best movement in the game and their inputs might as well be an alien language to me

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Nina feels so great

Also I ran into someone who was named Doobie Dogs who played King, show yourself!!

So many bodies… piled high

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

spiritual bypass posted:

How is it possible to get offended by that? It's so much better than getting called the n word in every other game

BM is BM man, it’s not a contest

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

victor gunshot teleport is absolutely not real pressure, get in training mode until you duck and launch it every time. and explosion is launch punishable on block. see who teabags then.

you dont even need to duck the gunshot to own him. if you block the gunshot just hit your fastest mid and it'll beat every option he has. You can even go for a straight up launcher if he goes for any option but power crush

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Gonna plug the goonsgarden discord again cuz the best/fastest way to improve is to have someone blow you up for your bad habits brutally and repeatedly, and then tell you what those bad habits are so you can adapt.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I won't ever play wifi players for the same reason I won't touch a hot stove. It wasn't a pleasant experience, so I shall not be repeating it.

There's still plenty of other wifi players in matchmaking though, so you shouldn't have much problem finding a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
fighting games love fresh blood but you gotta understand fighting games on wifi is pretty fuckin dire. it's inconsistent, drops a lot, and if you've ever dropped a game winning combo cuz the other guy's router decides it's time to take a nap then you'd understand it sucks to play like that

you wouldn't want to share any other hobby with someone who's just going to make it a gigantic pain in the rear end to play with, why would fighting games be any different?