Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Did Jins insane d2 make it through the CNT and demos into live unchanged?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Steve is sick even if I can't do any of his optimal double crouch dash poo poo.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

I'm loving tekken 8 so far, it's very fun but god drat is learning new matchups exhausting. As someone coming from 2d fighters it's like everyone has like a bunch of rekkas that naturally frametrap and blow you up on counterhit, I need to start playing way slower in these low ranks because I try to press assuming they're not going to finish the string and leave themselves super minus, but no they finish the string every time because it keeps working on me!

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Basticle posted:

Made it up into the greens. I surely do hate fighting Victor, every single one I've faced does 15 hit juggle combos over and over and I don't get to play.

I hate attempting to press a button at any point fighting a victor and they teleport above me and ruin my life

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

If jack enters his new stance you are guessing for your life, especially if he's in heat or managed to absorb a hit with his entry into stance, it's super oppressive.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

I've come crawling back to tekken and have really clicked with Leroy, and have climbed to mid oranges after a couple of play sessions, whatever makes him a low tier definitely doesn't apply to these ranks and having a 5 frame universal parry really breaks tekken players brains, definitely getting that low representation buff.

Also he is swag as hell.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Seltzer posted:

It has better netcode but what else makes you say that.

as an anime player who's picked up sf6+tekken 8 it's so much easier to figure out why you died and how to not die to it again next time in sf6 than it is in tekken 8, way fewer characters with way fewer movesets in a whole dimension less of movement.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

SF moderns cool, it's the first "easy" mode that's actually been successful at what every system before it has been trying to attempt, to the point where it is viable at high level play with different advantages/disadvantages to classic controls.

imo the vast majority of SF combos are no harder than any regular tekken launcher combo, hell I'm trying to learn a bit of Lars atm, and im finding the funky timing on attack~stance~attack~stance that his BnBs have way harder than even guilty gear combos.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

yeah I don't know how it is up in your purple ranks but "string that's +0 on block or better into backdash" is whiff punish launcher city, Leroy's db1,3 or df3,1 are both 0 on block and I kill people for free so often just stepping or backdashing after those and launching, the pubbies yearn to press. db1,3 is especially nice as it's a counterhit launcher if people wanna mash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

one day d3,2 into hermit mix will stop winning me games and I'll discover why Leroy is considered bad, but that day is not soon