Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug
Probably old news to most here but I just got an all-button arcade controller and WOW is it nice. I'm a lot more consistent with EWGFs and a lot of Kings moves that I was 50/50 on before. I got a Haute42 M Series but I feel like there's gotta be something with better ergonomics that doesn't have a boutique pricing like Hitbox. I just want something with the left hand/directional inputs being a bit more spaced out from the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug

Weird Pumpkin posted:

If you're up to putting it together yourself (it's really easy!) You can buy different plates from focus attack for some different layouts. You'll have to transfer all the components to a new case though so it's not perfect

RME posted:

A ton of manufacturers have moved into the leverless market now, which is great because there’s a so many offerings with slightly different form factors and such but it’s also pretty hard to keep track of it all. I got my hitbox right before the explosion it feels like and I like mine enough that I don’t plan on replacing it soon enough but it feels kind of barebones, and I wouldn’t mind one that has a flatter profile and some of the extra non-essential Buttons natively since training modes these days are utilizing them for shortcuts.

Ultimately my point is it’s worth looking around a little bit, especially now that you have a clearer idea of what you want

Thanks for the input. I'm a little divided. My M Series is good enough that I'll be able to use it and get my monies worth I think. It has all the extra system buttons and as long as I hold it on my lap tilted bottom-up so that I can drape my hands downward over it I can play for longer periods without feeling the discomfort of having my hands jammed so close together and laid flat on a surface.

I'm interested in modding or putting one together myself but at the same time I think I just want to play more than anything. Last night I was thinking about what the ideal shape of a 3d printed housing was and today I found the ErgoBox but they aren't shipping currently.

The Smash Bros related leverless controllers look much closer to the form factor I'd want with the JFA LBX particularly looking ideal but it hasn't shipped in more than a year. I'll probably give it a little while longer with what I have and hope the Smash Style form factor becomes more common.

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Pillbug
Lil Majin just released his much awaited guide to King in Tekken 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seNZV2umQ3w

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Pillbug

Babe Magnet posted:

I hit 9 death fists in a row on a guy and double perfected him and I've seen him twice in quick play and he plugs at the beginning of every match now lol

You both did the right thing.