Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I haven't seen any Bryans yet :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Solus posted:

Whats the vibe you get when you're facing a mirror matchup

I'm 'maining" King at the moment and when I meet another King it's 100% hype but i feel like two Kazuya mains would be filled with anger

Well I usually play Paul so it's "Hey this guy doesn't look so tough, I'll just use a bunch of gigantic punches"

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Tekken teaches us that you can have all the money and power in the world, but it is ultimately for nothing it if you can't grow wings and shoot lasers out of your eyes

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

Playing as paul is super exhausting.
Everybody juggles me all round for 10x longer than it takes me to stand up and kill them instantly so it feels like i barely get to play.
I think i hit wall until my timing and defense get better and i learn matchups and figure out what i need to actually respect.

Maybe i'll try a different character.

I use Paul as well and would like to try someone different.

Who is the opposite of Paul? I was thinking Asuka

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Katsuhiro Harada is still so disappointed with Tekken 4 that you have to pay him to use the Tekken 4 costumes.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah I think we'll get Lei eventually. Lidia, Fahkumram, Lucky C, Julia, and Marduk all seem like shoe-ins.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Asuka players: What's up with this icon under the health bar? Some characters seem to have this now.

I looked it up and found a bunch of snarky comments online reading "SOMEONE DIDN'T READ THE PATCH NOTES!!!!!1"

So I read the patch notes and found the following:

"An icon has been added below the health gauge to indicate whether the Naniwa Gusto has been activated or not"

What the hell is Naniwa Gusto? Sounds important.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

wit posted:

someone somewhere saw the kingdom hearts kid and thought "i want to be him and beat people up as him, forever" and that should scare us all.

Lars?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Good ol' down + 3 toe kick, nothing beats that

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I will not be participating as I live in Qdoba country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
People get mad about wifi in Tekken because they keep getting hit by a wireless Law's Dragon's tail.