Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is a very good starting roster. I'm excited to see who gets added by DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pre-load is here now

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just need to get through work today. :f5:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Two more hours!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The character episodes have some really cool endings. :3:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Making my way through Arcade Story tonight. I am enjoying this mode a lot. It reminds me of what Street Fighter 6 has, which I also enjoy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tekken 8 settles it that tea and coffee mixed together are the best drink. :hai:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr E posted:

I got a 8bitdo SNK pad and I think it might make me a pad player for this game despite enjoying it pretty well on my leverless. Unsurprisingly feels like the perfect 4 button fighting game pad.

This is the pad I have as well! I really like it, its my first one.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

unattended spaghetti posted:

I am incredibly bad at this game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

Tekken Talk stream mostly seemed dedicated to shilling Tekken OSTs and various Tekken branded clothes, but in terms of actual game relevant stuff so far - it confirms the microtransaction shop will be accompanied by a premium currency (surprising nobody) with skins looking to be around USD$3.99 each and that the accompanying update will focus on bug fixes and adjustments for moves that aren't functioning as intended (e.g. Victor throw escape windows) rather than balance adjustments.

edit: Now shilling S.H.Figuarts and Nendoroid figures. lol at this whole stream :psyduck:

Like this wouldn't have really affected my decision to buy Tekken 8, I still would have done it, but it feels really scummy to put in a microtransaction premium cash shop a month after release. It only reads as the developer say "we didn't want the bad press that cash shops always get, so we are going to try to quietly sneak it in there later."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've been playing Tekken 8 again after a bit of a break. Just lots of other games getting in the way, but I try to play a little bit everyday.