Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

Joined the Goonsgarden, I hope I can get some games in. My work schedule is bad, worse than I am at Tekken since I haven't really played heavily since T5DR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

Weasling Weasel posted:

I picked up Asuka myself. Won my first game in the 5th round, guy didnt replay, I took the 100% win rate for now and will come back later.

What I want to start with is mastering the defensive game, particularly as the early ranks will likely just be people trying to using heat combos on repeat.

What i've worked out so far, based on arcade quest and you tube is this.
1, 1 and 1, 2 are high/mid jab strings, 1, 3 is a high low mixup option if their blocking.
F3 is a poke from further put, and DB3 is the low option from the same distance
F4 is the whiff punisher if you they throw out something big.
F1+2 is a high/mid powercrush and heat engager if they're in my face, while B3 and D3+4 crush lows. I can also use B1+3 from the counter stance.

Theres a low that goes into a hit grab leg breaker, but don't know how to use it.
Leaving all the combos and install uniques for now, is there any other options I should practice or know to begin with at the pre-green ranks?

Another good whiff punisher is f2 but it's pretty unsafe on block, so spacing and timing is really important. df2 is safer but has less range. B3 is a good way to keep distance from the opponent and can be followed up with 2 or 4 (her low sweeping kick). The 2 is the same upper cut as F2 so again, use with caution.

db1 is her low that goes into a grab. The grab will only happen on CH. If you think your opponent is going to go for a high or grab, that's a good choice.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

It’s actually kind of comical how long Asuka’s basic reversals last. I’ve had many situations where people eat them when they could have just walked up to me and thrown me. At low ranks of course.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

man nurse posted:

Sorry thread, I was a few beers deep and it turns out I probably have some social anxiety about playing online with strangers. Yikes!

i get that!! im in the goonsgarden and i still havent tried to play with goons cause anxiety