Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
http://www.vox.com/technology/23882304/gen-z-vs-boomers-scams-hacks/

I had to teach a new hire at work how to copy paste stuff in Windows and this totally makes sense, these kids never got to experience the wild west that the internet was for us millennials. :sterv:

Downloading my first virus from limewire or kazaa age really set in stone that the internet isn't to be trusted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

what are we in now? the robber baron days?

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
There's a chunk of Gen Z that's still young enough to fall for "got your nose" so this isn't all that surprising

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

AKA Pseudonym posted:

There's a chunk of Gen Z that's still young enough to fall for "got your nose" so this isn't all that surprising

pretty sad to still be falling for that at the age of 12

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

You'd think all the people fishing for their Roblox accounts would tip them off.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
I was lectured by a zoomer about how "The internet is much harder to use these days, and was far less complex when I was young.", and me who literally studied UX design staring blankly at them knowing with 100% certainty they were chatting absolute poo poo. A lot of Zoomers are massive, massive kruges too.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I call everyone millennials these days to make things more streamlined, boomers were really on to something with the yelling and the shaking the fist "you god drat millennials" perfect for everyone six to sixty ya know

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

one of my nieces was telling me about how one of her classmates was trying to hack their way into people's instagrams by social engineering the password, forcing a login attempt, and then texting them asking for the mfa code. this apparently works often enough that he keeps doing it, even though those texts all say "DO NOT SHARE THIS WITH ANYONE, YOU IDIOT"

when i pointed the mfa warning out she just shrugged

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

the internet... makes you stupid??

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Kids these days, am I right?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

500excf type r posted:

I call everyone millennials these days to make things more streamlined, boomers were really on to something with the yelling and the shaking the fist "you god drat millennials" perfect for everyone six to sixty ya know

The world is divided up into boomers and millennials and 80% fit into both categories depending on who you ask.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Gen x and Gen z are boomers so that fits

Also gen z is really bad with computers as a cohort

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
if only we could flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE9CXWV1alg

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

OP, whining about the children is very boomer of you

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i'm going to brainwash my kids into viewing people with social media as less than in addition to teaching them about scams. my son already understands and hates advertising

kids don't have to be dumb

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the average member of the brocolli headed youth is pretty stupid tho, yeah. how could they not be?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

scams are timeless op

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*pushes up glasses

It's a fair assumption that every generation has about the same percentage of idiots relative to the whole.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 24, 2024

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
i can't think of a single smart person. it's not a generation thing everyone is just stupid. humans will die out without having done anything of merit. i don't even know the so-called 'alphabet'

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

“Turns out Gen Z are more prone to online scams than boomers” - a boomer

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

poo poo i could use a buck. how am i supposed to fool these kids? gacha game password cracker?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
This is great news, because it means Gen Z is too stupid to scam me when I'm old and demented. In fact, I might be able to prey on them once I'm too old to continue working, but too broke to retire. If the generations continue to get stupider and reach caveman levels of stupidity it's even better for me, because it increases my chances of being clubbed to death for my resources, ending my suffering entirely.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

I have no idea what a kruge is; that has passed me by like most Millennial slang

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
I am not a kruge

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

dunning krugers i figure

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

i am too smart to fall for a dunning krgeuer

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Aviation fuel.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I'm still baffled that they have to be trained to copy and paste things.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
They don't use normal computers just phones and tablets. They don't even realize copy and paste is a thing let alone that they can do it on their touch devices

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Ape Fist posted:

A lot of Zoomers are massive, massive kruges too.

:confused:

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

They don't use normal computers just phones and tablets. They don't even realize copy and paste is a thing let alone that they can do it on their touch devices

Yeah, unless all office equipment undergoes a revolution from laptops to tablets, those younger people are actually kinda hosed

Saw it at work and at schools I volunteer at

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

All I'm hearing is job security so I can work on computers into my 90s then retire for a year or two before I die.

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe
Almost everyone is really stupid, young and old. Most of you are loving idiots. I'm a dumbass.

Let's start a club. We can make shirts.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

zoomers’ disadvantage is that they didn’t spend their entire youth solving computer problems for narcissistic old people who feign ignorance and catastrophize the complexity of computer touching as a means of sheltering their egos from injury. like those kids who have a million allergies because they never rolled around in the dirt

nothing to look down on there at all. something to celebrate, really

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

They ont even have a gibson worth hacking

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!

Ape Fist posted:

I was lectured by a zoomer about how "The internet is much harder to use these days, and was far less complex when I was young.", and me who literally studied UX design staring blankly at them knowing with 100% certainty they were chatting absolute poo poo. A lot of Zoomers are massive, massive kruges too.

Well everyone who assembles a desktop computer should be a computer scientist or programmer, everyone in America knows that.

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I had to add that every dropout job I get everyone identifies me as the computer wizard because I know what ctrl-c/v does. If they like me, they bring me impossible problems IT should deal with. If they don't like me, they claim I killed the computer when I turn the monitor off. If you really tick me off I might do something incredibly destructive and beyond the pale such as unplug your keyboard.

Edit: I swear to christ alive I am not exaggerating one iota. This might be a cry for help.

moist banana bread fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 24, 2024

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

moist banana bread posted:

Well everyone who assembles a desktop computer should be a computer scientist or programmer, everyone in America knows that.

I don't think they should, I think UX design is a really important field, and it has made the internet accessible to hundreds, perhaps billions of really stupid people. If the internet was "much harder to use these days" it would continue to be populated by obtuse vBulletin Forums and Imageboards and search engines which required metatags in the html to index.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
we need to shut all this down until someone can explain wtf a kruge is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ape Fist posted:

I don't think they should, I think UX design is a really important field, and it has made the internet accessible to hundreds, perhaps billions of really stupid people. If the internet was "much harder to use these days" it would continue to be populated by obtuse vBulletin Forums and Imageboards and search engines which required metatags in the html to index.

are you trying to say this would be a bad thing?