Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
I was lectured by a zoomer about how "The internet is much harder to use these days, and was far less complex when I was young.", and me who literally studied UX design staring blankly at them knowing with 100% certainty they were chatting absolute poo poo. A lot of Zoomers are massive, massive kruges too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

moist banana bread posted:

Well everyone who assembles a desktop computer should be a computer scientist or programmer, everyone in America knows that.

I don't think they should, I think UX design is a really important field, and it has made the internet accessible to hundreds, perhaps billions of really stupid people. If the internet was "much harder to use these days" it would continue to be populated by obtuse vBulletin Forums and Imageboards and search engines which required metatags in the html to index.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

are you trying to say this would be a bad thing?

On one hand I do pine for The Internet of 2007 I'm not gonna lie. I absolutely think Zuck starting the trend (and he actually did start it) of making peoples real lives, and real names be the focal point of the online lives rather than Aliases and Interests was an absolutely incredible mistake for the internet from a cultural and social perspective, but it was all in the interest is business and accountability. I don't like the way "Online" and "Offline" have effectively merged seemlessly and I don't think thats some sort of insane boomer take.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Aramis posted:

While that definitely doesn't help, I posit that nothing is gonna get fixed until we get rid of the real disease of today's internet: The attention economy.

My first instinct is to say "Thats never going away", but honestly generational changes are so weird. Zoomers who parent Gen B might atually become hyper anti-online activity and try to lecture their kids on basically only using the Internet for practical purposes and trying to stay away from it for other reasons. Millennials, the parents of Gen A, have actually already lost their kids to the attention economy. (I'm a parent to 3 young gen A boys, even outside of Youtube almost all of the popular amazon prime shows for kids their ages are basically kid-safe twitch streamers, people like Preston Plays, Ryan's World, etc.)

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

harder in the sense that a couple decades of ux practitioners have created a web wherein everything is a scam. hth

I guess not if you're a chronically online cynic whose been here for 25 years haha ye buddy never going offline, here 'till i die, hoorah :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

I don't like the internet anymore :(

Half joking but I also don't really find it as fun tbh.