Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

TrashMammal posted:

zoomers’ disadvantage is that they didn’t spend their entire youth solving computer problems for narcissistic old people who feign ignorance and catastrophize the complexity of computer touching as a means of sheltering their egos from injury. like those kids who have a million allergies because they never rolled around in the dirt

nothing to look down on there at all. something to celebrate, really

moist banana bread posted:

Well everyone who assembles a desktop computer should be a computer scientist or programmer, everyone in America knows that.

I had to add that every dropout job I get everyone identifies me as the computer wizard because I know what ctrl-c/v does. If they like me, they bring me impossible problems IT should deal with. If they don't like me, they claim I killed the computer when I turn the monitor off. If you really tick me off I might do something incredibly destructive and beyond the pale such as unplug your keyboard.

Edit: I swear to christ alive I am not exaggerating one iota. This might be a cry for help.

one of my first professional office jobs:

a person near retirement age typed numbers into a spreadsheet, and then printed pages they handed me

my job was to walk across the building and scan those pages, and email them as a pdf to a second person.

that second person then printed those pdf’s, and typed those numbers into another, different spreadsheet. they had a little stand for the paper pages they printed to type from like it was 19-dickie-two

these two people sat next to each other. neither had any idea what the other did or where the numbers came from.

neither of them understood what a pdf was, like, the concept of a file format was, not a thing.

“you do all the computer work while I do the important stuff” they’d both say to me, separately, as I handed them pages and emailed the same pieces of scanned paper several times a day

they’d been hiring “assistants” and giving them entry level job titles for decades, giving dozens of millennial aged people work experience, treating them like idiots, and being surprised we all quit with work exp on the resume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU