Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

R.L. Stine posted:

i can't think of a single smart person. it's not a generation thing everyone is just stupid. humans will die out without having done anything of merit. i don't even know the so-called 'alphabet'

they make soup for that now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Linux Pirate posted:

The internet and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

TrashMammal posted:

how many years did goons spend subsidizing lowtax’s cookie habit?

Lowtax's cookie habit was one of his less objectionable vices

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Fanelien posted:

A major problem with modern vehicles is the sheer amount of garbage that is bolted onto the engine for emissions, and now we're relying on turbos and mild hybrid systems/stop-start systems for extra efficiency all of which take up a sizeable part of the engine bay. Alternators are bigger than they used to be, as are radiators and HVAC heat exchangers, all automatic transmissions now have some form of cooling in the engine bay too. It's not just wanting to save a buck on engine bay space it's a case of there's so many more things that need to be crammed in there than just the cylinders, a fuel/air delivery system and an exhaust manifold.

Anyway someone mentioned programming and repairability as well earlier. And that is a major issue now. Stupid parts of vehicles now require coding or unlocking from the previous vehicle to adapt to a new one. I make a living bypassing a lot of these systems or finding ways to program them outside of a dealer. But the tech that was on high-end euro vehicles is now in your average shitbox and things like lights and fuse boxes which have no business needing coding or programming now do require it on everything but the most simple of vehicles. The fact is dealers do not want people repairing their own vehicles or even a 3rd party workshop doing it, and the current right to repair legislation at least here in Australia is a joke.

My car got fried by the EMP blast and all I got was super ripped legs from walking the fury road

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

hackers got more interested in getting rich. Truly capital corrupts all it touches