Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

R.L. Stine posted:

i can't think of a single smart person. it's not a generation thing everyone is just stupid. humans will die out without having done anything of merit. i don't even know the so-called 'alphabet'

I work in the marine sciences, and the projects and models I see people build out every day absolutely boggles my mind with how brilliant some scientists can be. But you can also talk to that same person about a topic outside of their discipline and they will be wildly stupid.

Our problem imo, is that most humans think of themselves as generalists, and therefore think they have something valid or worthwhile to say about most topics. I reality however, there is probably a single topic that you have enough knowledge of that your opinion is worth broadcasting to the masses, and even that might be a stretch for a large chunk of society. I suppose anime is technically a topic though.

Szechwan fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

Gelf posted:

Several days would pass, and I'd become satisfied in my teenage nerd boy confidence that I had resolved it.

As I relaxed and let my guard down, there were several occasions where I would once again be audibly slapped by a stray whinny, having silently bode its time for 48 hours+

Now this is progress